Friday, March 26, 2010

This Weekend In Kona.....

Game face is on! You are looking at it.......It's a mix of 11 hours of sleep in 3 days, total excitement for the arrival of my new nephew, lovin' that I get to see a wedding tomorrow, (Im a VERY big wedding fan, love LOVE!), and then there is that race, LAVAMAN, on Sunday!! I'm totally exhausted physically from all the activities, BUT I'm also very fired up because I get to be part of 3 of my favorite things...new life, new love, and a new triathlon season! WHOOOOP WHOOOOOOOP!

It's been a blast training for Ironman South Africa, I've got some of the greatest friends, training partners, and now experience training solo and ENJOYING it. I'm hooked on the plans coach gives me and we have found a really good balance, and I get to take part in a lot of local events too, like the Lavaman, which I must admit is a very big deal around the islands, bragging rights included, and Macca is here for some fun too. The sweet mix of big time (Ironman events, REV3 events) and local stuff (Peamans, Lavaman's, Mango Man's) are really helping me keep my passion, A PASSION, while also trying to make a career out of it.
And this little face is the reason I have only slept 11 hours in 3 days...and i'm not even the mom! Oh, he is amazing.... Whistler Reef Nelson, 8lbs 6oz, and perfect! I already love him so much I was busted by 3 nurses today trying to baby nap him! The sister and baby daddy are just fine too...
I must confess watching someone have a baby is SO MUCH more difficult than having one yourself. My face hurts from crying! Watching my little sister try to endure contractions and push a baby out was horrible, I wished the entire time it was me not her...but she did amazing! While watching the process flashbacks of having Kainoa came flooding back. I was a total jerk, a lot of my moments were spent in the hall begging the nurses to help me as I reassured them I was dying. My other moments were telling the nipple nazi's to get away from my boobs! (you know, the nurses that try to keep the baby hooked on you 24/7 and grab your boobs 24/7). It was bad...I was bad.
Yay, I'm an auntie again and I love it.... it makes me want a sister or brother for Kainoa! Oh stop already mom, I know you are reading this with some insane look on your face like I've lost my mind. I've also decided when that moment comes I want all of my lane mates in the room with me! FOR REAL! My lane mates have been there for me through EVERYTHING, literally ALL OF MY LIFE. I think delivery would be so much better with them there making fun of my swimsuits, telling me to stop being a whambulance, joking about my foxy cap, yanking my goggles, ect.... I'd love it! Today I enquired about that and the nurse told me only 2 people allowed in at a time...hmmmmm....by the time Mr. Right finds me and a baby actually happens Im sure I'll have a plan ready to sneak in 7 swimmers!!
.
Okay, wedding tomorrow, bike and gear preparation, some training, and then LAVAMAN Sunday.... Happy Weekend everyone...
.
MUCH love...
Bree
.

13 comments:

Chloe said...

Congrats on the new addition! That is so exciting. And he is so freaking cute. Ahhh..babies.

Hope you have a great weekend and good luck on sunday!

Christi said...

I love baby pics and you have a beautiful nephew. Congrats to your sister and her hubby and to you, auntie! He is already blessed by much love!

Good luck at Lavaman! You are a rock star!

Trisaratops said...

He's adorable! Congrats to all of you!

Best of luck with your season--you're kicking it off the same week I'm allowed to run again (postpartum)--yay! I think that's a sign of good things to come. :)

Kat said...

Congratulations to you and your family!! Your positive energy is awesome and totally contagious- thanks for spreading a little to Pittsburgh this morning! Congratulations on knowing just how fabulous your life is and having enough passion to truly enjoy it! I think a lot of people could learn from how you suck the marrow out of life. Cheers!

Lisa G said...

Congrats to your sister on the new arrival! Very cute! And good luck tomorrow at Lavaman - don't forget to have fun!!

Dawn said...

Exactly what Kat said! Congrats to your sister and family - your nephew is beautiful! Love reading your blog and your passion for your wonderful life - it is contagious and makes me smile! :) Good luck tomorrow and to your new season... thanks for being so inspiring! ;)

ShirleyPerly said...

Congrats, Auntie!!! He is adorable. Best of luck at Lavaman too!!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Yay! He's adorable!

D said...

Looooooooove the name!!!!!!!! Congrats, fam :))

Oscarjet said...

Congratulations familiA !!!!!
nice!

Heidi Austin said...

ok lets just say your nephew has the coolest name i have ever heard of. such an awesome family :) have fun at the wedding and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Coach Liz said...

What a beautiful baby! Oh boy, he is going to be a heart breaker when he grows up. And with that name, your sister and brother-in-law are going to be having little girls calling the house asking for him in elementary school. I have a feeling Kainoa is going to be teaching him how to surf when they get older.

I cannot wait to hear about Lavaman!

Regina said...

oh! I missed the birth?! Congrats Auntie Bree! That is one gorgeous babe!