Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Most In The World...

Everyday Kainoa asks me how much I love him and I respond, "The most in the world". Today on our walk his little hand held mine and he asked that...I answered the same answer he always gets, this time he let go of my hand and ran. He ran as if he trusted my answer and it was the courage he needed to run up and over a little hill. Or maybe hearing that set him free, love has a way of setting us free.
.
This afternoon my flight for South Africa was finalized, all 36 hours there and 46 hours back home were put on paper. It made it all so real, a dream coming true. The only thing is I got a little home sick and I haven't even left the island...I already miss Kainoa, my life here, and the people and things I love. It's a little difficult having a dream job when it requires leaving behind a dream life, like my son and one day hopefully a hubby and our family...for now, focus on the opportunity and know life, love, Kainoa, friends, family will still be here when I return.
Today was a perfect 2.4 mile swim in the Pacific. Something about the sun rising up over Hualalai just starts the day right. I'm so thankful for this life. Then I rode the beach cruiser home (truck is still getting fixed). Traded the beach cruiser for my tri-bike and got on with my "work". Jamming in the Kona sun on 2 wheels, ahhhhh....

The night was wrapped up with a sunset at Taco Tuesday. Everything fades when the sun drops, all of the days cares just go to rest and tonight I needed that breathing room from the rest of the world and from the drops of homesickness that have already started to tiptoe towards me.
Tomorrow is "Taper, recovery, rebuild" day 1. All I have is a 40 minute run and swim practice. I'm ready...I can sit still....I can rest...I can and I will... 19 days till Ironman South Africa...
Good night beautiful crazy world...
.
Bree
.

18 comments:

jahowie said...

Your views on life always make me smile. Love the pics. :)

Christi said...

I love the pictures of the boys. They look like they are just having a great time!

Shelley said...

So cute! Good luck in Africa!

Trigirlpink said...

eeeks that is a boat load of travel time. Sounds exciting! Looking forward to watching you NAIL it.
Charge up those batteries!
I think of you often, i have the postcard you sent on my cork board next to my trainer!!
xx

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Half way around the World for you. I hope you scheduled a little "jet lag" recovery time on the trip over.

Teresa said...

Beautiful shadow pic! 19 days!!!! Woot!!!!

tn

krystyna47 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coach Liz said...

Wow! 19 days! It is coming up fast. I think your can sit still if there is a tiny baby in your arms. Get some auntie time in while you rest.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

You and Kainoa are adorable together!

Jill Costantino said...

woohoo Ms. Bree you are going to SHINE in AFRICA! Your little dude is growing so quickly - love the photos!

TriGirl Kate O said...

Bree, you have trained so smart in the past few months. Can't wait to follow you along in South Africa. I know you will enjoy being in a new place, and will come home wiht lots of new friends and experiences. You're going to rock that course!

I hope the new nephew and your sister are well! Will your sister let you post pics? Has Kainoa had a chance to hang w/ his cousin?

Still so jealous of swimming with dolphins. When I come to Kona, will you take me out to the IM bouy?
Hugs, chica!

Dawn said...

Love reading your words about your beautiful island life. It definitely has an impact on how I see mine. Thanks for making me smile with your neat pics - your son is beautiful! How exciting for you... your countdown to SA! You will rock! Thanks for sharing your beautiful life with us. :)

AM-GoalsfortheWeek! said...

Aloha!
I was at Lavaman too and saw you and your lil' guy there (he was asleep i think at the post party;-).
Anyhoots, what a great post to come to on your site. I'm almost homesick for you. That would just be hard, but yeah, you're right. This is your dream and it's a pretty frickin' fantastic one!
Go South Africa!

Jennifer Yake Neuschwander said...

Can't wait to see all your pics and hear all your stories from South Africa.

Caratunk Girl said...

Wow, I can't believe South Africa is so close (well, and so far away)! I will be following you and cheering you on from Maine. I love the shadow picture of you and Kainoa.

tinaparker87 said...

Tell Kinoa you love him around the world and back. I ask Thomas, Who loves you the most.. Usually I get you, but I feel better when he says you and daddy.

You are so ready for Africa! Lots of people behind you. Coach always tells us nothing new on race day and play softly till race day in the taper.

Regina said...

sweet. I hold my son's hand and tell him I love him as much as possible. One day he'll be a brooding teen and want nothing to do with his mom. I savor these moments.

Can't wait to hear about South Africa!

su said...

replica handbags
Handbags
balenciaga replica handbags
chanel replica handbags
chloe replica handbags
fendi replica handbags
gucci replica handbags
hermes replica handbags
louis vuitton replica handbags
miumiu replica handbags
prada replica handbags
ysl replica handbags
chanel replica handbags
gucci replica handbags
louis vuitton replica handbags
balenciaga replica handbags
chanel replica handbags
chloe replica handbags
fendi replica handbags
gucci replica handbags
hermes replica handbags
louis vuitton replica handbags
miumiu replica handbags
prada replica handbags
ysl replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
fake designer handbags
discount replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
designer replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
fake replica handbags
fake replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags