Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wednesday On The Rock...

This is how Wednesday ended...Masters swimming at it's finest. And this (above photo again) is how I felt all day long. Must be the taper....a little too much energy...a little too clumsy...YET ready for action!

Back in the good ol' days, you know when you were 8, chasing boys usually resulted in falling on your knees and recovering with an ice pack. Fast forward 22 years and chasing boys most always ends up with an ice bath-today included! My bike and I rolled behind the men, hung on for dear life a few times and got feisty trying to take some pulls the other times...tag you're it boys! ha ha.... and into an ice bath these legs go. So did the phone.
.
I got a bad joke and thought it would be funny to text it to some friends while icing (it was the only thing keeping my brain off the freezing I was enduring). Seriously, it was one of those moments when you know you are doing something bad and lighting is about to strike, I could feel the ice water boiling it felt that mean, and sure enough...there goes the texting...the phone...the joke is now on me!
.
I tried my best to convince Kaitlen, Wendy, or Jason to try and exchange my phone for me, I'm no good at lying and saying, "yes the phone fell into an ice bath" really didn't sound like a good reason to give a girl a new phone. I was convinced Kaitlin could do it, she always gets us girls out of trouble if a nice guy is working, then I tried to get Wendy, she's the best at making people move out of her way and listening till they agree, and if that didn't work Jason could smooth talk a lady or show some muscles. Everyone was busy...that left me. Sure enough the nerd that I am is sporting a green mustache from the spirulina smoothie I was chugging! I guess they felt bad for me looking like that in public because not only did they replace my Zack Morris nerdy blue phone (as Kate calls it, she really disliked that phone), they gave me a purpleberry for just $50 bucks and even took my $100 a month phone bill down to just $77 a month!! Not a joke...! Talk about a sweet deal, green mustaches must be lucky things these days!


Wednesday was a good day...even though it started Tuesday, sleeping has been goofing me up. I'm trying to get to bed so early I end up laying in bed all night watching the clock, then it gets past my bed time and I start to freak out that I am still awake. After very little sleep and waking up early for my ride, it's been a really long day...but a good one on the rock.
With a good sunset...and some beef. I think my body needed the dead cow...(forgive me for the really gross picture below). If you don't hear from me in a few days it's because tomorrow I have to "practice swim" in the wetsuit and its REALLY HOT, like Africa hot, and I might have a mini heat stroke in that thing in our ocean. Hear the waters of Africa are FREEEEEEZING....lovely, my favorite! Sweet dreams from Kona :)


.

Bree

9 comments:

ADC said...

Fun day. And nice phone deal!! It must have been the green moustache

DeelyBH said...

Bree,

The waters in Port Elizabeth isn't too cold - compared to where you live, maybe a little cold, but it is SALTY :)

Hope you have a fabulous trip and a great race!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Of course you ate the meat RAW... like ROCKY?

CoachLiz said...

Awesome deal on the phone. And the picture of the beef...YUMMY. I always feel bad around my vegan friends. I have low iron so my doctor tells me to eat my red meat. I'm not going to go against what he says.

Caratunk Girl said...

Mmmmm...meat! I hope you have a fabulous race!

Erin said...

http://melissaschwartz.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-need-some-swim-suit-help.html

Someone needs your expert SPLISH advice!

Regina said...

Where do you even get that much ice?! Ok, that beef actually looked yummy. What can I say, I'm a carnivore.

Teresa said...

Girl you are always up to somethin'....and I love it! You rock....chasing boys, phones, and a slab of beef!

You are going to do GREAT, glad you are so rested!

tn

su said...

replica handbags
Handbags
balenciaga replica handbags
chanel replica handbags
chloe replica handbags
fendi replica handbags
gucci replica handbags
hermes replica handbags
louis vuitton replica handbags
miumiu replica handbags
prada replica handbags
ysl replica handbags
chanel replica handbags
gucci replica handbags
louis vuitton replica handbags
balenciaga replica handbags
chanel replica handbags
chloe replica handbags
fendi replica handbags
gucci replica handbags
hermes replica handbags
louis vuitton replica handbags
miumiu replica handbags
prada replica handbags
ysl replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
fake designer handbags
discount replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
designer replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags
fake replica handbags
fake replica handbags
replica handbags
replica handbags