Thursday, May 6, 2010

ALMOST Mother's Day!!

I can't even wait till Mother's Day to talk about being a mom to Kainoa, not that I've ever been good at keeping excitement inside. I'm so excited...being his mom, I love it. Okay so maybe Kainoa's dad and I didn't work out just right but forever I'll be grateful for our son and knowing that both his parents love and adore him. Forever I'll be thankful to Kainoa's daddy for making me a mom too.
.
These mother-son moments just keep getting better as he gets older and grows into his own person. Yesterday on the way to school he looked at me and said, "Mom, how are you?" and I told him I was fine. He said, "Mom if you have a bad day I can take it for you." I grabbed hold of his little hand the way he grabbed my heart and smiled so big. It was like every parents dream, to see their son is growing up in love.
Everyday I see more of me in Kainoa. His latest and greatest is dancing, I'm pretty sure the moves are mine, 2 left feet but dancing as if the world is his stage. Let's hope he has is dads coordination when it comes to ball sports and hand-eye contact. I'll claim the dance moves, the way he goes into the kitchen and begins to make a meal for 6, his stubborn-never-give-up attitude, and maybe his love of painting & picture taking too.




I love the little boy Kainoa is becomming. The first time I saw his little face I was scared to death. Every part of me wanted to bring the nurses home to help, at least until Kainoa was talking and could tell me what to do and how to do it. As he got older my fears faded and motherhood began to kick in, from there my prayer was that Kainoa would grow up to be a man. Not just a big guy, but a man who has dreams of his own and works hard to make them happen, a man who treats women well and grows into a good husband and father. A man who leaves the world a better place than the way he found it. I already see Kainoa leaving smiles and happy moments everywhere he goes and with all the people he meets. Its a good feeling...
Of course I know Kainoa is a boy and "Boys will be boys". I'm no dummy and most my friends are guys, so I am sure he will come home with some news I'd rather not hear, a bad grade or two, and most likely a phone call asking me to pick him up or send him money. It's all going to be okay... until those days come I can sleep at night. And of course he will have to be prepared...I'm not afraid to walk him to school at 17 and make sure he gets to class, holding his hand if I have too, and I'm not afraid to crash a few of his parties either. I've already made him run down Alii Drive in his undies so he is well aware of the embarrassment this mom can have on him if he steps out of line... Kainoa really is my little team... we just go with the flow together and he makes me smile along the way. Kainoa...I love you the most in the world! Thanks for making me your mom!! Time to get little buddy awake for the day, off to school, and this momma to practice! Happy Mother's Day to all the mommas out there-a little early :)
Bree





17 comments:

CoachLiz said...

Bree,

I cannot wait for you to have all the Mom experiences that I have had over the past few years. The pride of watching your son do some amazing swimming at a big swim meet. Listening to his hokey rendition of Queen's "We Will Rock You" on a trumpet. Finishing a 5K with your son.

This is my last year as Mom where I will be taller than my son. He is less than two inches shorter than me and I have noticed that the legs on his jeans are starting to shrink up a bit. This time next year when I will have to look up to him will be a little strange, but he will still be "my little buddy".

You go Momma! Have a Happy Mother's Day this weekend!

Beth said...

Kainoa is so lucky to have you Bree!! Happy Mother's Day!!

PocoLocoMan said...

Happy Mother's Day! (in advance)

Caratunk Girl said...

Happy Mothers Day Bree! Kainoa and you are lucky to have one another that is for sure. AND I got all teary eyed when you wrote that he said, "if you have a bad day, I can take it for you" AWWW

Christi said...

Happy Momma's Day! Enjoy every minute of the journey because it is a blast and goes by too quickly!

Kiet said...

Bree, Happy Mommy Day. I fell for the Big K the day he helped me bake those Kona Coffee Carob Chip Mac Nut cookies.

UltraPossible said...

Beautiful post...made me smile!

Catching up with Jessica said...

That brought a tear to my eye. I so look forward to that. Happy Mother's Day, Bree!

Trigirlpink said...

Oh my lord... that picture of you and Kainoa when he was first born is so precious. He's so darn little and cute!

...be PREPARED.. when he's towering over you and is ready to go off to college and you pull out that picture... don't forget the box of KLEENEX when viewing!!!

ahhhhhhh... Memories

Trigirlpink said...

woops! Happy Mothers Day!

Regina said...

Awesome, awesome post. I still think you look hot in underwear, ha!

I remember being terrified when I had my son too. How can anyone let me be a parent? My son is great and I am thankful for him everyday.

Happy Mother's Day!

Sherry said...

Happy Mother's Day, Bree!! I hope that you and Kainoa find a super special way to enjoy the day together!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Moms ROCK!!
Happy Mothers Day..

Jill Costantino said...

Happy Early Momma's day Ms. Beautiful Bree! Your little guy is one lucky little dude to have such a fantastic Momma!

Victory is Finishing said...

Bree,
Just reading your blog for the first time, hope you don't mind that I shared your Mother's Day words with the Mom readers of ViF-Victory is Finishing.(wasn't enough time,it's Sat. night, to email you first, Sorry) Kainoa is one lucky boy to have you as a Mom...Happy Mother's day!
Victoryisfinishing@blogspot.com

BreeWee said...

of course its okay Victory is FINISHING... Tried to respond to you on your blog but its blocked....
Cheers.
Bree

Victory is Finishing said...

Bree,
Thanks! I'll look into the block... Hopefully it was just a glitch?
Happy Mother's Day!

victoryisfinishing.blogspot.com