Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Get to Work!!

Went to bed last night with just a ride on my plan, woke up to a text from coach that must have come while I was sleeping, it said, "Check your plan, I made changes". Oh yes, it was a run-ride-swim...LOVE IT, I think it was his way of saying, "Get to work". More than ready having the green light to get back to it...it's part of my daily life and it keeps me living life to the fullest, chasing goals that is. Start of the run felt like Kainoa was on my shoulders, sitting there all heavy, by the end I was finding my run legs. The ride was mello, just me and the Queen K, and the swim was with Monroe, (on his feet to be more realistic).
.
The dolphins came to play, the buoy scrubbers were out, and then I found Jason Lester... he was finishing his 5th Ironman in 5 days as part of the EPIC 5 Challenge (5 Ironmans, 5 days, 5 Hawaiian Islands). He was smiling. By the time all was said and done my tan lines were hideous and Monroe wanted to trade in his goggles for sunglasses or a blind fold...sorry..don't look next time Rooster...
Of course days like today get rewarded with home made yumminess. My taste buds usually crave salt covered rice (shoyu) and seaweed, but today coconut was all I wanted. Got out the "good stuff", straight from the Philippines coconut cream (its only the cream of the coconut, nothing more or less added to it), the coconut shreds, coconut butter, cooked lightly in coconut oil (makes the sides crunchy). It was like heaven in my kitchen.... the mix of plumerias in bloom and coconut filling my house made me crazy in love with island life!

And that was my day. Tonight will be the sunset. A HUGE congrats to Jason Lester and Rich Roll for finishing the Epic 5. That's Lester above, you know he made all 5 with the use of only one arm! Well done...well done boys!!
.
Eat coconut :)
Bree



10 comments:

CoachLiz said...

Mmmm, I have been sprinkling coconut and granny smith apple chunks on my hot rice cereal in the mornings and it is mighty tasty.

That Epic 5 challenge is wild! Is it timed? How do they get to all 5 islands in time to get started? Obviously, they are way faster than me and can get themselves and their gear transported quickly before the next day.

Don't forget to reapply that sunblock.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Not fair, now I'm hungry all over again. That looks super yummy!

Michelle Simmons said...

That's cool you got to swim with Jason and Rich for a bit. I went out and found them on their bikes while they were here on Oahu. Epic! :)

Caratunk Girl said...

That coconut crunchy yummy thing looks awesome! AND Jason Lester is so inspiring, very cool you got to swim with him and Rich.

Sara said...

I'm glad you swam for a bit with Rich and Jason. I wondered if you were going to join in on that adventure when they made it to Kona. It sounds like something you would be game for! :)

Regina said...

I LOVE coconut!!! I keep unsweetened coconut on hand at all times, it goes on and in everything I can think of. I have no idea what that concoction is you made, but it sounds divine!!!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Use some extra of that MACCA powder.... It might be the secret ingredient....

Victory is Finishing said...

Bree,
What great stuff, so glad I stumbled onto your blog! I have to search for this Epic 5, just unreal!
Brian

Oscarjet said...

hummmm...me invitas a nadar y luego a comer Amigaaaa???
:DDDD
Besos y abrazoooooos!

Trigirlpink said...

ummm. I used coconut milk creamer in my coffee today! Love the Kona ocean pix. Bree... I'm SO MAD!! I saw pictures of dead dolphins washed ashore from the massive- still not contained- Gulf Coast oil spill. Grrrrrrrrrr.