Monday, May 24, 2010

It's Like This & Like That...

Haaaaaaaaay! I think I've landed face first into that "sweet spot" in life...the hellish days make me love this kind of day ALL the more!! Home from a sunset and now the feet are up listening to a little "Rebel Souljahz", Angel girl is playing and it just makes me smile. Relaxing! This week is going to hurt all over again, and again, then some more...it's a VERY full load so I'm appreciating this "feet up" moment for all it's worth!

The weekend was a lot of running, a double run Sunday that saw me land on my bed napping with Kainoa most the day. The morning run was long and all the "highs and lows" found their way into my mind and legs. About 3 times that "suck it up princess" motivational talk we give ourselves took over. Another few times that, "How much longer" popped into mind, however, there were those wonderful, blissful moments that I was on cloud nine. Those moments where you feel like you could run forever, the ones you feel strong & fast, the ones you think to yourself, "I want to run like THIS on race day". The moments you just love running and you are reminded why you do it. Those moments.
.
Refuel & an Ice bath. It was the worst ice bath I've ever had. The water has to be 48-52* to really do the trick so I figured I'd need 8 seven pound ice bags (in case some ice melted by the time I got home), and let me tell you I was screaming. Little Kainoa came in and said, "Don't worry mom, it will warm up soon". Oh I love that boy...then he tried to stir the water for me, resulting only in him splashing and me in frozen shock, I don't like cold water, AT ALL.
.
Then a little run & a dinner date with my son & a few of the people I love most in the world. I really loved Sunday, painful & perfect.

Looking forward to the new week, livin' in the moment, training my booty off, and thankful for bed time. Good night!!
Bree.

6 comments:

Bre said...

Bree- what's the reasoning behind 48-52 degree water temp for an ice bath? I thought the temp was a bit warmer- 56ish (that's what the ice bath is in the trainer room at school). I just wondered if there was physiological benefits of the 48-52? Does it just help with the contriction of blood vessels>

Christi said...

I love, love, love the very last pic! What a great shot!

Jill Costantino said...

ah - love how the little dude was trying to warm up the water for you! Happy training Chica - you are going ROCK at HONU!!!! Your race day is the day before mine - so you are my motivation:)

Charisa said...

ice picture is classic!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

I read about your ice bath while taking my very first ever. It helped me get through it! Thanks :-)

CoachLiz said...

I agree with Charisa. The pic of Kainoa with the bag of ice is a "thumbs up" photo.