Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mom's Day in Kona...

When you live on an island, surrounded by water I think people will use anything as an excuse to be in a swim suit, I take that back...we don't need a reason or excuse, but sometimes we just find one to humor others. Today's reason, #498 to be in a swim suit, was the Peaman Mother's Day Biathlon. LOVE this one, it's only for females, but of course a few men jump in to keep us entertained! Most the mom's, a lot of the high school swim team girls, and tons of aunties came to play (I mean race).
This is what a Mother's Day Biathlon T1 looks like...my shoes and Kainoa's shoes. Simple. Sweet. KSWISS :) Without full race details, let's just say we started together, half way through the run he told me, "Mom I don't want to play this game anymore", then he beat me to the pau line taking a short cut with auntie Brooke. Of course the race was supposed to be fun, and it was, just a day with a lot of incredible people in the small Kona town and lots of little children that call us, "Mom".
The sister and her newborn even charged the course with the baby jogger...nice to have her back out there racing again!! When the swim/run was over it was all about sand castles and playing in the ocean. Then some picnic time with spam musubi and good people, finally a giant nap, this week of training again, motherhood, and life had me fully wanting & appreciating a Sunday nap!!!

Today, all day, every time Kainoa would say, "mom", I felt blessed. I know it's not every woman who wants to be a mom or even has the opportunity to become one, and I know it's not always an easy job, but let me tell you, hearing "mom" is one of the most beautiful sounds and today, all day, I loved being Kainoa's mom...
And to my own mom, Happy Mother's Day! Love you lots and thank you for putting up with me! I know you loved every moment of worry and panic I caused you growing up...
.
Night to all you beautiful mommas!
Bree
.



6 comments:

Christi said...

Looks like you had a great mother's day! That is awesome!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Great day!!
I love it.... "Mommy, I don't want to play this game anymore"... I've felt like that after 12 or so hours some days.....

Sherry said...

What a GREAT day, Bree! I also got a nice laugh out of Bob's comment above. Isn't that the truth? :o)

Florida isn't nearly as amazing as Hawaii (not even close) and normally I'm dissing this poor state from here to high heaven, but yep, gotta love the license to be in a swimsuit... anytime, anywhere.

Have a great week!!!

Kim said...

SOOOO great. Happy Mothers Day (a day late) Bree! You loook so happy and it is simply beautiful, inside, and out!!

Oscarjet said...

HOLAAAAAAAA amigaaaaaaaa!!!
siempre feliz, siempre sonriendo! gracias Bree por se asi!!
Muy bien el dia del PEA MAN!!!!!!!! sabes disfrutar de la vida a topeeee!
Besos y abrazos !!!!
Carlitos, Belen and me.

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Beautiful!