Sunday, May 16, 2010

On a Pineapple Kick...

I'm loving all things pineapple lately...even eating them at the beach, underwater! This little kick happened last week when I was given some bromelain. Bromelain is an enzyme taken from the juice and stem of a pineapple that helps inflammation, pain, and swelling of the muscles. Not only is it getting my legs back running it helps with the nasal, congestion, sinus challenges, and breathing that we do everyday...and... about right now with the VOG at an all time high on the island it's making the outdoor running a little easier too.
Here are some quick pineapple facts for you:
.
The pineapple is a good source of dietary fiber, Thiamine, Vitamin B6 and Copper, and a very good source of Vitamin C and Manganese. It has 82 calories per cup, 1 gram of protein (not much) but it helps the body break down and better use protiens.

I would like to give a shout out to the beautiful yellow and green super fruit that I hold partly responsible for this mornings Sunday run, it was the least painful and most "run" feeling run in a few weeks! Yummy, Yummy, Happy to be a runner!
I'm a proud supporter of Hawaiian pineapples!
Good night from beautiful Kona...kick back with a pineapple!
Bree
.

6 comments:

PocoLocoMan said...

love pineapple! and I'm sensing a new sponsorship opportunity for you :)

Regina said...

LOVE pineapple.

Christi said...

Great job on the pineapple pics! You should go into marketing!

CoachLiz said...

Ooooo! Now I need to stop off at my market and pick up a pineapple and chop up the pulp and stick it in my little popcicle molds for a treat tonight. And I could throw in some coconut!!!

Now see what kind of trouble you have gotten me into? :0)

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Upside down pineapple sponge cake.... MMMMMM

Lindsay Cotter said...

totally missing those pineapples! But not the Vog, hehe!