Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sweet Saturday....

The day before the day. One more sleep. I love this day, it's like FINALLY. You work and train so hard just waiting for the day to arrive, then it gets here with just one more sleep to go, just enough time for that last deep breath...
.
Nice little bike ride along the lake then a swim. It was choppy & perfect (well, cold but not horrible in the wetsuit). This morning was one of those swims where you want to be in the water and swim long & far. I hope that feeling is there tomorrow morning too. Seriously I was in the zone, I wanted to swim across the lake to explore a little island on the other side. For maybe I minute I swam with my eyes closed and let myself just listen to the swirling water and feel the chop-the sound and feel were the same as home and in that moment I was in the Pacific Ocean. In that moment Kainoa felt close to me too & my friends weren't so far away. I just want to race already...
The lake was serving up shaved ice, so cool...too cold for me, maybe hot tea or coco, Ill pass on the ice. But it was special seeing that. Then I saw Andy Potts on the beach with his family. Did I ever tell you he is one of my favorite triathletes?? Mostly because of the family guy in him. He just adores his family and its living proof you can be a triathlete and include your family in this crazy "look at me spend all day with my bike" sport that we love.
.
Top secret, Id like to see John Flanagan win his first Ironman tomorrow, how can I not root for the Hawaii boy!!??! However, if Potts crosses the line first that would give me a smile too!


Bike is racked, checked in, bags are given to the transition people, feet are up, took a mini-nap (any longer and I will be challenged sleeping tonight). There isn't much else left to do...but wait. Oh, I finally got a sunset photo too...since I'm struggling to sleep long hours here I figure might as well spend my time getting a good view...9:30 or something like that sunset:
As we say back home, auuuuuuuuright love it. Go get em' to all the Kona Marathoners tomorrow, having fun along Alii Drive, and to all of us out here at IM CDA, have a great race! Thanks for all the support and cheers too, it means so much!!
.
Bree

9 comments:

Robert Lejeune said...

Good luck tomorrow Bree :) I will be out there on my bike but I will cheer for you from Quebec!

Have a wonderful day!

SSB said...

Go Bree! I'll be cheering for you tomorrow. And John too. Would be nice to see both the Hawaii pros on the podium tomorrow!

Audrey said...

Oh Bree, I hope you just have the best day ever!! Go Go Go!!! Cheers, Audrey

Roblynn said...

Good luck from CR!

Jill Costantino said...

GO BREE GO!

chr15 said...

Go Bree!!! woo hoo!!!

Jamie said...

Hey Bree!

Looks like you are having a strong swim and bike, but it isn't posting any of your run updates. I hope everything is okay and that your chip is just busted. EEK!

It looks some of the other girls are fading and if you are having the strong run that I hope you are, you could break the top 5!

GO BREE GO!

Lisa (bakebikeblog) said...

oooh GOOD LUCK!!! Can't wait to hear all about your race :)

Christi said...

I love the pic of you and Kainoa! That is awesome! I can't wish you luck since I am behind but I hope you had a great race!