Thursday, July 15, 2010

Easy Today, Hard Tomorrow...

Today was such an easy training day. Open water swim (well, the second half was supposed to hurt, that's not easy). Then another run with the speedy pole vaulting friend whom also specializes in "sprinting" back at the University of Clemson. At the end of the run she says, "Okay race back". Let's just say IT IS AWESOME to have training company like that...
.
With the swim and run complete it was a good thing my phone is on a plane to the mainland because I took full advantage of living in a beautiful place where it's a million times more beautiful away from TV, computer, and video games. I planned to train-eat-sleep till the next Ironman and coach told me no, keep my balance, its good for me mentally, but of course keep balance not too much GOgoGogo. With the little break after training before getting Kainoa from school we played in the ocean.
.
Tomorrow will be no playing in the ocean. It's my full Ironman training day. Usually these happen on the weekend but with Kainoa with me this weekend I will do it all tomorrow while he's at school. Swim-ride long-run. That will be my ALOHA Friday and I'm truly looking forward to a full day out there in heat, sun, wind, all by myself...just trying to work on the "long Ironman day focus" that needs my attention.



After dinner Kainoa begged for sunset at the beach. There is no possible way I could tell him "no". I love that he enjoys being outside more than anything and I love that he appreciates the beach, sunset, the ocean, simple things. His request was to take his inner tube out in the line up where the boys were surfing. His dad takes him surfing, his mom takes him wiping out in the waves...and that we did laughing all the way back into shore in the inner tube!

Of course leave it to me to eat the reef. Kainoa just ate sand. He's so fearless in the ocean, I love that! I'm almost certain all the ocean swims and surfs he took in my belly while pregnant paid off...

Tonight was a another beautiful sunset and I'm more than thankful Kainoa asked to go watch it. Tomorrow after a full day of swimbikerun I hope he asks for another sunset....but if he happens to ask for a game of tag or building his camp tent up I'm sure I'll find energy for that too. Have a fun ALOHA Friday tomorrow!
.
Bree

6 comments:

Christi said...

Way to keep the balance!

Regina said...

I am continually amazed at the wonderful colors your photos display of HI. Just gorgeous.

Balance is good!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Beautiful!

tinaparker87 said...

The picture of Kinoa is beautiful. The sunset is gorgeous. I will be out for two weeks on vacation. I hope to post pics when I get home. I do get to train all my heart desires, but done early am or in the late evening with the wind @ Lake Millerton. Family and friends @ the lake from July 19 to July 31. Train smart, enjoy the son moments and you will reach your goals.

Tina

Melissa said...

Holey cow that's an awesome sunset photo! Hope you are out there having a great hard training day!

Pervaiz said...

Thanks for sharing.
http://wofgtg.blogspot.com/
Thanks.