Tuesday, July 13, 2010

An Ironman on The Horizon...

After thinking, thinking, thinking, sitting on rocks and thinking, swimbikerunning and thinking, we thought it out and got a plan. Put an Ironman on my horizon and we are off and training with a purpose again! Love life with a purpose, goal, something out there to reach for, and after all, this is what I do, so another race is on my plate with a few local events sprinkled in here and there until the main course is ready for my eating pleasure. All the little races are train-through events where I get to continue to work on my "mental skills" that I'm working on.
.
You know, it's insane how much time we dedicate to the physical side of sport, and the extras like good sleep & eating habits, recovery, and reflection. But the part between our ears often (in my case anyways), gets the back seat, and well, that often times delivers lack luster or less than our best performances.
.
Swimming has been going super as its been mostly ocean comotion, including a swim with a shark yesterday, dolphins today, and rays last week. Not to mention my noodle arms are starting to hold more water and I can feel it, that or having Hillary Biscay in town is adding more speed to the water. Riding has been "okay". Most of it has been on my road bike while patiently awaiting my new tri-frame to get here since travel busted up the other one. I'm just motivated to rock n' roll on my bike, it's like my buddy (as is with most triathletes since we spend so much time with our bikes). Running is super, back on my beach trails, along the ocean, under the sun, or like today-a tready run.
.
Then of course there is the recovery, with Kainoa. Sometimes I struggle to sit still as a mom. After training all day it would be awesome to put the feet up, but they usually end up running around some more after my favorite 4 year old. If we aren't running we are building something, or I'm cleaning up another thing. Of course I wouldn't trade this for the world...I just have to be creative when I need to truly chill out. Tonight was one of those nights. So of course, the sunset with a few friends we went. Those nights are so simple...just quiet moments in the sand, no distractions between the sun dropping into the ocean and floating in salt water with my son.



And with that, another bed time story is waiting and tomorrow more moments working towards a goal in hopes it all comes down to better than lack luster...sparkling would be nice.
.
Night!
Bree

9 comments:

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Dont ever forget the pecking order...
Family
Friends
Health
Peace of mind
Career
Can't wait to hear which IM it is...

Christi said...

Great to hear you have a goal in mind! Like Onehourironman I am excited to hear which event you have on the calendar!

PocoLocoMan said...

You should add IM Texas... you'd be right at home in that heat and humidity (like Cozumel all over again)! :)

Jamie said...

Glad to hear you've got a game plan to get back in the game and attack another IM.

Rest up!

Bruther said...

Same problem. Have two daughters 10 & 12 who are into EVERY sport and now the youngest begs to go run 2-3 miles every night - no matter what I have done for training during the day...one question, one answer, what is more important, me or her - DUH

Jenna said...

Little K is getting big!!! Glad you have a race on th ehorizon to work for and good speedy swim in the ocean!! Sharks - you not ever totally freaked by them??

Catching up with Jessica said...

YES! Can't wait to hear which one! Yay, Bree!!!

IronHoosier said...

Which Ironman?? Hmmmm :)

Scott said...

I'm guessing Louisville.