Sunday, August 15, 2010

Leaving The Shoes Behind...

The Big Island served up another race this morning. Sure seems as if we have 1-3 races going on every weekend of Summer (well, Summer lingering). This morning was the 6 mile Alii Challenge Swim or the Brown Bear & Sunny Bash Biathlon. My training for the day: Surf, maybe a little swim, or tanning. No joke, that's what my plan says. I believe its "recovery day" ALL day long today. Full on hoping and praying the surf was up-it wasn't. That meant go check out the biathlon. Oooooooh, too much temptation, in fact uncontrollable. So the shoes were left home. Once I got to the race I wanted to race so much it hurt. Local races are the best, its usually just training partners smack talking and trying to bury each other with what ever is left after beating each other up all week long.
.
My plan did say, "swim a little swim". SO I did what anyone with a swim on her plan would do, I just swam. It didnt say when or where so I put myself at the swim start line and started when they said go. That was my little swim. But then I stood there lost, looking for directions, not really knowing what to do since I didnt have run shoes. I cheered a little, watched some more, then back in the ocean with Kainoa till he was swam out.
Then more fish time. Thanks to Jason catching 3 giant Ono we have been living on fish this week, including today. My favorite saucy ideas have included a mango & ginger, another was coconut crusted, and today's was a combination of both with extra ginger. Other than that, not much on the island "happenings".
.
Oh, a new little cafe type place opened across from the pier. It reminds me of eating at a tropical garden, "Alii Buzz", check it out. Also, "Beaches" one of my favorite bikini shops is having big sales and they have the coolest hibiscus looking wraps in there right now. They gave me one to play with (see above). It is a really cool skirt, then made into a dress, then it can become your beach blanket, moms with babies can use it as a carrier (Kainoa made me demonstrate that one), its pretty cool. Check that place out too, also across from the pier.
Collected some wana and now we are calling it a day. I'm quiet pooped and Ironman Kentucky is in 14 days. Hope this so called-pooped feeling is beginning signs of taper. Happy Sunday!
.
Bree

13 comments:

Kate said...

I would love to just take my shoes off and put my feet in the sand like you did!

Christi said...

Great place to taper and relax!

Morgan said...

Bree,

I just love reading your blog! Your adventures and training and recipes are the best. I'm currently trying to limit my sugar based on a old blog entry that you wrote about. I've found that I feel so much better without all the added sugar. Could you give me some recipes when you have time?

Morgan

Christy said...

love the underwater swim pic. Good luck in Louisville! Hospitality and people are the best :) My favorite uncle lives there. Good heart! They all stand out and cheer.

BreeWee said...

Morgan.... for sure! Pass me along your email and I will send you some of my baking recipes that I skip the sugar :)

my email is breesy4@yahoo.com

Morgan said...

My email is sparkles00016@gmail.com...I sent you an email! Thank you so much, Bree!

Jill Costantino said...

So BEAUTIFUL Momma Bree!

CoachLiz said...

Whoa! Is Kainoa sporting a mohawk??? And I take it that Wana are sea urchins? They are beautiful.

Caratunk Girl said...

As always, I love your blog!! Great photos! The one of you and Kainoa under water is my favorite.

You are going to nail IMKY - I just feel it!! Wooot!

Lucy Francis said...

Bree! I love reading your posts about your beautifull island. it is such an antidote to my life here in london. thank you so much for sharing your photos and stories with us. I wish a lot of luck for the race in kentucky:-)

Dawn said...

Sounds like a wonderful recovery day! Love the wana and ocean pics... again, what a beautiful life you've made. :) Thanks for sharing and keeping us dreaming of an island life! Happy tapering coming up... you are going to rock in KY!!! Would love to hear some other songs you have on your ipod. Btw, I have been drinking coconut water after my runs (marathon training), love it! Thanks for sharing that too. Take care!

weddingdresses said...

The Power Balance bracelet is made of pure surgical grade silicone that is extremely durable. Its stretch feature optimizes users' comfort level. It comes equipped with two, visible power balance holograms and this sporty and stylish bracelet goes with everything.

Specification:

Silicone Power Balance Wristband Bracelet
The band made of 100% silicone rubber
With 2 visible hologram disks for balance power,waterproof.

power balance said...

Bid on Power Bracelet now! Find Bracelets. New Colors & Sizes. power balance wholesale Guarantee & Secure Ordering.Power balance USA, Canada, UK Free Shipping. Rosetta Stone allows headstones to provide genealogical and historical information about the deceased directly to cemetery site visitors.