Sunday, August 22, 2010

Wela Ka Hao...

There's a little Hawaiian saying, I think Nike says it too, it goes like this... "wela ka hao". Pretty much, just do it, get it done. Since Tuesday I've been "trying to get it done" and now its the day before and I'm not all the way done, packing. Almost.
.
Today was the bikes turn to be packed, like last time, the left pedal decided to stay stuck. Always the left one. After almost stressin' (I'm not a big fan of stress) I decided to step back, breathe, calm down before I get a tantrum and throw the pedal wrench into the wall. Slow to anger quick to love, right? My mini-break was going to be the ocean. Makes perfect sense to spend a minute or two in the salt water, fresh air, looking at some calming little fish before attacking the bike again.

The plan was fail proof. It's so easy to calm down in the ocean, life moves so peaceful there. Everything just sort of flows. Of course I knew the packing was still waiting for me but at least this time it would happen after a snorkel & poke eating session with friends. And sure enough, it happened smoooooothly. I found one of the men that work around my neighborhood and asked if he was feeling strong. He was and he took the pedals off my bike for me. With that, the bike was put safely in the box ready to fly to Kentucky. Tomorrow. All I have left to do is Kainoa's clothes and mine. That's the simple part...all the hard stuff (like things for the race and nutrition) are raring' to go...


One week till race day. I'm ready to swimbikerun in Kentucky :) Kainoa and I will try to keep you posted on the Louisville happenings. He wants to see if the grass really is blue in the blue grass state...

Bree

9 comments:

PocoLocoMan said...

Good luck Bree! Save travels and race the race you know you have in you :)

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Have a safe trip and the weather is starting to shape up over here. Think your going to love it.

Christi said...

Have a safe trip to the mainland!

Slow Rider said...

have fun in KY, it is your day!

miles99999 said...

Have a good trip to Kentucky, so great that you are bring your little guy with you.

CoachLiz said...

That is so cute that Kainoa wants to see blue grass in the Bluegrass State.

Keeping my fingers crossed that you had safe and uneventful travels today.

Running Librarian said...

Good Luck and have fun!

weddingdresses said...

The Power Balance bracelet is made of pure surgical grade silicone that is extremely durable. Its stretch feature optimizes users' comfort level. It comes equipped with two, visible power balance holograms and this sporty and stylish bracelet goes with everything.

Specification:

Silicone Power Balance Wristband Bracelet
The band made of 100% silicone rubber
With 2 visible hologram disks for balance power,waterproof.

power balance said...

Bid on Power Bracelet now! Find Bracelets. New Colors & Sizes. power balance wholesale Guarantee & Secure Ordering.Power balance USA, Canada, UK Free Shipping. Rosetta Stone allows headstones to provide genealogical and historical information about the deceased directly to cemetery site visitors.