Thursday, September 2, 2010

On Another Island...

This morning I landed on Maui. 38 minutes was all it took to get from a big island to a smaller island. A few of my favorite things are with me, like swim stuff and run shoes. Nothing major, just enough to enjoy sport and do it because I love it...not training. This 4 day Maui adventure is nothing short of "simple". There really is no plan, it's all go with the flow style, and totally playful...
.
A few good friends who knew me before I was a triathlete make it easy to take this break for all it's worth. Day one was a lot of exploring, just appreciating all I was seeing, loving the way my heart is feeling, and enjoying the experiences, including a nap on the beach.






My head is still weaving in and out of Ironman Hawaii thoughts, how can it not? When you want something so much and finally let it go long enough for it to land in your grips it sort of takes over a little spot in your heart the way it did your head. With that I've been thinking on all the fun parts of getting ready for the World Championships...like how bad I want neon blue bar wrap and the way I would love a 1080 since I only got to use one for 12 miles in Kentucky. I've also been trying to envision a race outfit I want to spend most the day in. I keep thinking hula girl...hula hula hula hula girl-cause I wanna shake my hips and booty right through the day. So...I'm asking Dawn at Splish if she can put the above hula girl on my swim suit...yeah, that's what I want, coconuts and all.
.
Tomorrow morning I'm heading for a swim at Makena. Love that beach, brings back memories of the time I raced Xterra and landed on my head down a hill and found out I was pregnant. Pretty sure tomorrow won't be that exciting, at least not the swim...the rest of the day, oooooh boy, with the crew I grew up with you just never know.
.
Good night from Maui.
Bree

6 comments:

ADC said...

I am so glad you are having lots of fun. The pics look awesome. You must post a photo of the hula girl splish when it's done.

Christi said...

I love all your pics! When you are done with the triathlon thing I think you can have a job as a photographer!

I love the hula girl swimsuit idea! Way appropriate for ya girl! Hey, if they put on their website I might even get one!

Have a great weekend! Enjoy the sand and surf for all of us mainlanders!

Samantha said...

Great post - so excited to follow you in Kona!

Can Splish make those into Team Bree swimsuits - that'd be super cute for fall/winter master's swimming up here in IL!

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend for you!!

Shan said...

OMG so so so love the first pic - hope you don't mind but I borrowed it as my desktop picture :). I love Maui SO much, and would give anything to live there one day. I just "get it" there...

One love! Enjoy your vacation!

Running Librarian said...

Maui looks beautiful! Hard to imagine someplace looking that perfect! Have fun and enjoy your mini vacation.