Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pinata Breaking Time...

I'm officially between training sessions to bust a pinata (not really) but I do have news.... coach gave me the GREEN LIGHT to return to Ironman Cozumel! This mornings ride was filled with Mexican memories. My run is now lingering, I'll tackle it after I take a time out to tell you how excited I am, I'M SO EXCITED! Mambo number 5!! I mean Ironman number 5 this year, the reason Im so stoked on it, (other than the fact I love Mexico), is that it will mark my 10th Ironman hoooorah! Double digits, you know how happy that makes a kid feel to turn two full hands, I feel like that. Then a proper recovery session will be on the program and 2010 season will be in put in the scrap books, memories, and photo albums.
.
This race fits so ideal for this momma too. It happens to fall on the week Kainoa is at his dads (Thanksgiving with his pops this year too), that leaves me able to work without worry. He will be safely scarfing down turkey while I'm chowing down gels and salts!
.
This week is already smoother than last week. Training again, (still really minimal as it's more or less recovery style), having Kainoa home, and once again having a goal-I love goals. I've also taken on a Christmas project, more on that later. And we did our Halloween costume shopping! I LOVE this time of year, holidays are here! Everyone seems to be in a good mood, the air is cooling off a little (by Hawaii standards that is), and all the fun recipe books are out. This morning was pumpkin smoothies! After school Kainoa has begged to make pumpkin cookies (it's our tradition every Halloween time). Holidays are amazing with a child, they get so excited that it makes you so excited and they never forget traditions that you began just a year or 2 ago...
Thankfully packing for Mexico will be easy. ha ha.... that beach cracked me up last year and sadly as the bike course zoomed past it there was not a person on the beach! I could use a laugh mid 112 miles. Alright, that run is calling my name...
.
ADIOS!!
Bree

12 comments:

Christi said...

Yee Haw! I am so excited for you. I hope you have a great race in Cozumel!

Dawn said...

How exciting! That is awesome, Bree!! You will rock it in Cozumel. :) Happy training... and happy fall!

SSB said...

woohoo! cant' wait to see ya down there!

Regina said...

that is a great shot of you on bike. So glad you got to do this race as it seems to mean a lot too you.

I know what you mean about traditions taking hold so quickly with the little one.
'
I'll go stand naked on that beach as you go buy, if you think it will help. Trust me, what you will see WILL make you laugh!

Jamie said...

Holy smokes. You've done half of all your ironmans in the last year?! That is insane Bree! I'm pumped to have another chance to follow you online and cheer you on from my living room.

Hope the ribs are feeling better!

Horray for pumpkin cookies and naked beach time!

PocoLocoMan said...

Ah, I'm so jealous... would LOVE to be back there in November soaking up the sun and the beach. Here's to a little cloud cover and not so much wind : )

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Have fun!!! I miss good Mexican food!!

Heidi Austin said...

yay for cozumel! you can have a mexican thanksgiving!

Kim said...

how do i not remember that "naked beach" at IMCoz last year?! good luck! hopefully this year they fix a few of the kinks from last year. it will be a great race for you, im sure!

Furacán said...

Ándale Bree!

Kim said...

Yippee!! I'm so excited you'll be there too. It always helps to see a friendly face! I might have to pick your brain about last years race and try to get some tips! So excited for you!!! Oh- and pretty please let there be someone on the naked beach THIS year.. I'll take a little distraction at mile 125 or wherever it is!

weddingdresses said...

The Power Balance bracelet is made of pure surgical grade silicone that is extremely durable. Its stretch feature optimizes users' comfort level. It comes equipped with two, visible power balance holograms and this sporty and stylish bracelet goes with everything.

Specification:

Silicone Power Balance Wristband Bracelet
The band made of 100% silicone rubber
With 2 visible hologram disks for balance power,waterproof.


Except for this product,customers are eager to shop for:

Silly Bandz