Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hilly Day...

Today was a very hilly day. Not just in my sport life, on the bike. But an all around up and down kind of hilly day. It began waking up way too tired to even function (low). By the time I was up my first climb of the day you'd swear I slept at least 10 hours! My hills felt like speed bump repeats and all of a sudden my day was an all time (high). From there it was shopping...
.
Usually shopping is a low as I'm not a big fan, today it was (high) since it was all about the Marshallese project...and I SCORED major deals!! However, mid way through my shopping extravaganza I began to bonk, poor fueling post ride sent me into a major (low). From there, another (low). Looking for my flight to Cozumel I stumbled on all sorts of issues. Like $3,000 bucks, or 33 hours thanks to delays, or no return flights on a Monday. So I gave up looking and got dressed for a run.
.
Another (low) happened just as I was about to leave for the run. A bad news call that one of my favorite surfers in the world died. UGH, I couldn't pull myself together and cried till I felt better. He was one of my role models and encouraged me a lot in sport, as he had a dealt with some issues I had last season (except in surfing), so for him I pulled it together and got running. It made me feel better (high). From the run (high) to the another (high) I went...
.
The above photo is the "Spreading Aloha To The Marshallese" team, we got to meet today to plan our next big move. We are all so fired up about this that I was truly on a (high), the day would only remain that way. And it did. Dinner with family, not to mention my mom is in town!! Then Cody helped me look for flights and shockingly we found one that would get me to Mexico and back on my desired travel days without out breaking me or my bank!

All sorts of highs and lows, it was hills for sure today. Andy, I'm gonna miss your face covered on the pages of Surf magazines, miss you in all the surf flicks, and of course owning the waves of Hawaii. You were such a high-light in my life and pulled me outta many lows as an inspiration. This winter I promise to score you a little wave...
.
Bree

5 comments:

Kim said...

The Highs and lows and everything in between is what makes life so beautiful and worth living.. You're doing your best Bree - and that is a wonderful thing! Just keep it up and I'm sure Nov. 28th will be a high.. at least I sure hope so - for both of us! So sorry about Andy.. a life well lived :)

tinaparker87 said...

Bree,

Sorry for the loss. There is always highs and lows and sometimes just getting out the door is a chore. You always seem better once your out, becuase everything you left will still be at home when you get back.

T

Lucy Francis said...

there are some days like that but you come across as the kind of person who always looks on the bright side. i've never heard of andy but I'm sure he'll live in the hearts of many people who like you have been inspired by him. take care Bree

Ultra Llama said...

Hey Bree,

If youre still lookin to cheapen the trip financially, I can probably still hook you up with a free place to stay...

This is my aunts vaca house:
http://www.cozumelenventa.com/index.php?action=listingview&listingID=204

the place is gated, so any safety concerns arent a problem. let me know!

Caleb

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

Sorry Bree :-(