Monday, November 8, 2010

Training n' Tide Pools...

Pretty much the routine has been train n' tide pools. Everything in between has been a bit of a blur as it all goes by so fast or I'm slightly too pooped to really have my eyes open wide enough to focus. It's all good as long as I fixate on finding balance and of course, take time out for a tide pool.
.
Mexico is on my mind. I'm getting excited for one more race of the season and thankfully swimbikerun has been flowing along quite nicely leading into this Ironman. Let's just say "adventurous activities" haven't been on my mind...but they did make it to my list. Yeah, I made a "recovery to-do list", because a girl has to keep some smiles coming in from all directions.
Yesterday a handful of us landed at the tide pools after a 30k run "event". More on that later... Pretty much we were there for lunch, early dinner, and sunset. It was an ALL day salty (much needed) recovery session with some of my favorite people. Other than searching for star fish under rocks, my list was finished...
.
To-Do after Ironman Mexico....
1. Play in the snow on Mauna Kea this winter
2. Surf a wave for Andy Irons
3. Camp under stars
4. Ride some horses (its been almost a year...)
5. Sleep in the cabin on Mauna Loa
6. Hike up Hualalai (been WAY too long)
7. Grab a sunrise in Hilo
8. Go spear fishing and catch my own fish taco
.
Nothing too insane, just a few of the little things I love that seem challenging to fit in my training life. Until then, tide pools it will be...


Back to the ocean for a recovery swim, count down to Mexico is getting closer...
Bree

5 comments:

Oscarjet said...

Me gusta tu tatoo !
;D

Lucy Francis said...

it seems you're having a lot of fun in between training sessions. enjoy that wonderful weather/island/sea for me as I'm stuck in the middle of a cold/rainy/windy/noisy city. thanks for the pictures

CoachLiz said...

Is that a sea slug in your hand???

I cannot wait for Mexico either!

Carmelo said...

Looking at your photos makes me wanna go to the sea and swim....

--mizuno

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

What a fabulous to-do list!