Monday, November 22, 2010

Yo Voy.....

A little adios to my favorite Island and now I'm on the way to MEXICO! Another island...life is good. It's truly been a fast-forward kind of journey into this Ironman. All of it has been exciting as things really have just flowed along. Thankfully a handful of my favorite training partners have been able to extend their season and push me along rather then crawl into the "off season" just yet. Others have just been along for the ride and it's meant the world to me. The support that comes from just working towards a goal or dream is never shy of amazing...

Of course, the best is that of my son. I cried most the ride to the airport, I am a crybaby. I admit with all my heart and soul that there is part of me that will never fade when it comes to being homesick-no matter where in the world I go. I remember my dad once telling me I'm the toughest crybaby he knows, I cry easy but I don't quit easy. That sums up my life thus far. So, off to Mexico at another airport with 2 good books, a camera, my journal, and of course the most fun gear any girl with her dream career could possibly pack: swimbikerun stuff! I am beyond excited.

Yesterday was Poke Shack, today was U Make Da Roll...tomorrow, burritos in Mexico. It's been recovery on the island in the way of fishing, snorkeling, and collecting seashells and broken sea glass. Truly...I'm happy.



Alright, my plane is about to board. Time for this girl to fly. I'll try to take you along for the ride and my Ironman Cozumel adventure of 2010...
.
Nos vemos,
Bree

15 comments:

Lucy Francis said...

Bree but the time I've read your post you must surely be in Mexico. I'll check the race online come sunday. i wish you the best race ever:-) i bet Kainoa is having a ball whilst mum's away

Lucy Francis said...

Bree but the time I've read your post you must surely be in Mexico. I'll check the race online come sunday. i wish you the best race ever:-) i bet Kainoa is having a ball whilst mum's away

Furacán said...

Mucha suerte Bree, disfruta!

Helen said...

Best of Luck Bree from Ireland. Will be giving a wide shout out for ye all the way to Mexico! Well done K-Swiss for sponsring the gal. She rocks...

Libby said...

Buenas suerte Bree!! Vaya con Dios!

Tiffcincy said...

Good luck! BTW what kind of camera do you use?

Kelly said...

Good luck, Bree!! I'll be rooting for you!!

JBM said...

go bree go! enjoy your race like always!

Clair said...

Buena Suerte and have fun out there!

PocoLocoMan said...

So jealous... wish I was going back! Have a great race. Here's to favorable winds this year :)

tinaparker87 said...

Best of luck Bree!

NJ said...

All the best to you, Bree! Be in the moment for your race the same way you are when you are spending time with Kainoa. You will be back with that little boy on the beach in no time!

Dawn said...

Good luck, Bree!! You will be back to your island celebrating with your adorable little guy before you know it... I hear you with missing him, I am the same way with mine. Such a wonderful mommy you are - you are both so lucky! In the mean time, have a blast and kick some major IM booty! :)

ADC said...

Good luck in Mexico.

Love and Puppies, Christy said...

I'll be in Cozumel to cheer you on! It's gonna be a great race day!!

PS - my husband and I raced last year and are here vacationing this year and to watch. He wears his IMCOZ hat a lot and is basicailly a local celebrity. It's fairly amusing to see him bask in his year delayed glory. :)