Saturday, May 28, 2011

Hale Sweet Hale...

Yesterday (and the day before), I felt like junk. Of course by now I should know that "sometimes" the day after a taper begins a junk-feeling day usually happens to me. Getting all out of whack requires EXTRA strength to keep positive despite the body feeling ready to crawl into a hole. Since I live life with a very full plate, as soon as something like a long ride or big training session is cut short or taken away it throws off my balance...the junk feeling.
.
Today felt more normal, a tiny bit of "spunk" is coming back to my "spunkless, fiestyless" self, slowly. I suppose that is the way taper goes, you slow down a little, feel out of balance, then the spunk comes back, and hopefully by race day you are FIRED UP AND SPUNKY! In a week the truth will be told...
.
My day began at the beach, the same spot I'll be standing a week from today, with SPUNK...

A handful of my favorite people and I rode into the Hawi winds, through the swirls of cross wind, and under a very hot Summer sun. It was where I needed to be, home sweet home for me on the bike, training. A good day paved the way for everything to feel more balanced in me...

...and the BEST part of the day, finding my Heaven on Earth! With the shark attacks this week and a few beaches closed it was very AWESOME returning to the beloved ocean! for exactly 5 days I did not go underwater in the Pacific. My feet touched it, up to my knees maybe, but underwater has been TOO LONG. 5 days is the longest amount of time in my entire life (other than mainland trips) that I have not been 100% salt water covered! It was amazing to be there again, can't even put it into words...







Tomorrow's long run is a whopping 60 minutes, knowing that is all the distance my legs will cover I plan to fully embrace it. Then of course a little ocean action, nothing like a surf or paddle, a "recovery" swim. The return of my spunk I will let find me, no need to search for it, its there, waiting for the start line...

.

Happy Weekend & safe weekend!

PS... if you need a new swim suit check out Splish.com, they have a 26% off swim suit sale for the holiday weekend!

.

Bree

4 comments:

Tiffcincy said...

Just bought two Splish suits. Custom made. Super excited. Would not know about the company without you thx!

Lucy Francis said...

yeah! it's safe to go back in the water again. oh! I've had my eye on splish swimsuits for a while. they're so colourful and fun.
We both had something in common this weekend - windy bike rides.
Phew!

tinaparker87 said...

Love the last picture. I will have to check out Splish. Custom made for my top would be great ;)

Jessi said...

Hey, that's a Seattle kit! (Keller Rohrback) Who do you know on the team?