Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mahalo in Advance...

Sheesh, I've yet to race but already I'm pretty thankful. Thankful for the people that have helped me get this far, to this point, to be me. Not that the sponsors are any less important, they are on the right of this page equally holding SO MUCH thanks, it's my little town that has me THANKFUL 2nights out from the race...
.
The cool thing about life in a small town is most everybody knows each other and each others business. That said, when you swimbikerun around the island everyone is part of your journey. I adore the people that are part of my journey...





A giant example was this book, (that is now all apart so I can hang the pages for motivation). After the swim Wendy gave it to me, it reminded me, again, of the people on my journey. They make the bad better, the good great, and the great more amazing than ever imagined! And without a doubt I know so much of this life is a direct result of their impact in my life...
...And of course, Kainoa. He got sick this week and of course I crossed my fingers and toes hoping I don't get what he caught. At the end of the day (or after cleaning the puke), I realized that is EXACTLY what I am talking about, "in this together". His barf was literally, (as it was all over me), my barf now and well, Saturday my race is for those along on my journey. The sponsors I believe in & make this possible, the town I adore, the supporters I've never even met in real life but cheer from across a computer, my coach who takes so much time writing out plans to fit my life, my family, training partners, even the postman! It's going to be heaps of fun on Saturday...it will be another day on our journey...






Mahalo Plenty,



Bree

10 comments:

miles99999 said...

Good luck this weekend! Have fun!

Kiet said...

Wendy rocks! That second pic got me a bit veklempt, race like I'm out there chasing your wooty!

PipTook said...

*sniff* What a sweet post Bree! Good luck this weekend - fly like the wind!

Patricia said...

Mucho Exito en la carrera. I enjoy your blog a lot, so keep writting and sharing. Looking forward for your race report. From San Juan, Puerto Rico

ChrisB said...

Just a fan/blog reader and thought I would leave one of my favorite quotes.

"Whether you believe you can or can't, you are correct." -Henry Ford

gelmertri said...

poor little guy... hope he recovers to see you cross the finish line as this year's champ!

Lucy Francis said...

What a beautifull book of quotes! and they're all so true as well.
We're the ones saying mahalo to you for sharing your thoughts on the races/island/ocean. It's a pleasure to support you. Go BREE!

Ps: very hot in London - Wow!
26o.Celsius.

Jill Costantino said...

Fantastic post Chica - Rock it out there tomorrow! Can't wait to follow on line. Great little write up they did of you on the website:)
Wendy rocks - she's a pretty cool Chic!
Chase down the boys and knock them off 1 by 1!
You've got this!

Libby said...

coolest. book. ever.
race your heart out girl. will be cheering you on from across the world! GO BREE!

Hawaii Website Design said...

Wow...truly impressive blog, i really love it!....Hawaii Website Design