Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Life at HOME...


The Kindergartners getting ready, bet you can spot Kainoa...
Up and at 'em at 4:30am! That is not usual for me, it's the time change goofing me up, but I went with it and tackled the laundry, the unpacking, and packing bags for a full day. Off to Kindergarten!! Today was the Ho'ike at Kahakai Elementary and that meant a good 2 hours of watching hula and chanting. It was the perfect way to ease back into life on the island. As soon as the leis are put on and the children begin to sway with the rhythm of the island its so easy to just be happy...

From there it was time for a swim, solo in the pool thanks to a tiger shark scaring half the island. Thought about oceaning it but by the time the hula at Kainoa's school was pau there was just no way I wanted lunch to be me. Not sure it was a good call or not as the pool and I don't really like each other, especially solo...
Then Kainoa swam. Less than 3wks till his first swim meet! hahahaha, watching him swim is hilarious, I'm laughing in the best possible way, it pretty much is incredible to see him get from one end of the pool to the other! He is so excited and that has me so excited!
The most relaxing part of the day was the garden. I missed getting my hands all dirty while in Costa Rica. Everything has grown so much and a few things were ready to put in dinner tonight. I'm pretty much hooked on this months issue of "Vegetable Gardens". It has ways to help me bring my tomatoes back to life!! AND.... while I was gone Masuda brought in a bundle of bananas! You know what that meant....
Tonight Kainoa and I turned 24 bananas into breads and muffins! Eating from your backyard never tasted so good!! Okay, Kainoa is snoring and I'm getting a little envious hearing it out here in the kitchen. Time to tuck in. Thankful to be home, thankful next weekend is another race (just 30 minutes North), and thankful to have caught up with some friends and family today...
.
Good Night and thanks for all the support and nice messages from Sunday!
Bree

4 comments:

Christi said...

Sounds like a great day on the island!

Tina Marie Parker said...

Love banana bread! The TEAM bikes are ready to ship. Next Thursday cannot get here quick enough.

The garden looks great :)

Lucy Francis said...

Island life is so full of what matters really: kiddengarten events/swim practice/gardening/cooking.

sometimes I wish I could hit pause on my mad city rush. sigh

Unknown said...

Can you share your banana bread recipe? I am sure it is waaay healthier than mine!
BTW you met my husband Jack Siemering when you hung out with Theresa and Mark and Darin - he had shared this blog with me a while back. Congrats on the great race!