Tuesday, April 24, 2012

5 hours on Tuesday...

After 5 hours of swimbikerun on a Tuesday I can finally stop to smell some flowers, and that I did. Remember I'm the girl who knows full well this opportunity to call triathlon my job could slam into a full on halt on any given day. I loved this work yesterday, today I love this work, and I will again tomorrow. Today I really loved it though, it just went smooth as butter...
.
Except one tiny bike incident. Yesterday I finally got one of those ROAD ID thingys that even dogs wear. Good idea I suppose when you travel all over. Thankfully I've never bumped into any accidents that send me needing back ups and truthfully I'm more nervous of the sharks here than the beautiful big shoulders we have for riding. That said the ROAD ID might be a good idea if a shark eats me and my arm washes to shore. Anyways, today I was actually happy about the ROAD ID. A semi had a blowout and the tire burst into giant pieces and came flying at my friend Kait and I. We road off into the rocks, the truck flew into the shoulder, cars swerved, she about puked, I screamed and cried for Kainoa and Masuda wanting to say I love them one more time, and then we about lost it. We actually closed our eyes and prepared for a tire to hit our heads or a car.
.
Thankfully we made it out in one piece, a wet piece as I peed my pants and she nearly puked out fear all over herself. Buy the ROAD ID you guys, you just never know and they make really pretty colors. The rest of the ride went by with nothing more dangerous than some strong winds. And then I ran...that was easy.

The day began here though, Kona Pool. This is usually a trouble in paradise spot for me as I struggle in the pool unless company helps me stay on task. It was a quicky of a workout, you can tackle 3400 in 45minutes to an hour depending on the pace you set. Here, I'll share the workout in case you are anything like me in the pool and need something that goes by really fast so you can get out of the chlorine...
.
100 easy
8x200 (build 1-4, repeat)
10x100 (every other one fast)
12x50 as 2 easy, one swim till your arms fall off, repeat for 12
100 cool down
.
It felt like we only swam 20 minutes, seriously try it if you are pool challenged.
.
I've got a week and 2 more days at home, then off to REV3 Knoxville. I'm so excited to race again and looking forward to being in a place I've never been. It'll be a short trip, a quick race, and then home to keep focus into Hawaii 70.3...
.
Happy Training, keep safe :)
Bree

7 comments:

JC said...

Holy Smokers Chica - so glad you are both okay! That is CRAZY! Tons of Hugs XoXoX

PocoLocoMan said...

Too close! Very glad that you both were not injured... and yes, the Road ID should be on everyone's wrist when they're out there training. You just never know...

Christi said...

Wow, I am so glad that y'all were not hurt!!! I wear my RoadId all the time because I usually ride alone. A very good purchase indeed.

Lucy Francis said...

Oh I know all about crashing very far from home and being rescued (not nice especially when hubby gets a call from the police to tell him I'm in hospital).
I don't have a road id but I carry my details with me in the back pocket. Glad to know it all ended well and you got home safe. Phew! that was a close call

Lucy Francis said...

by the way that masters set is right up my street. You'd slot in really well in my masters club, albeit if a far grottier (indoor) pool

Shawna Barlette said...

So glad everyone is alright. Phew! I've had my road ID for years. Gives me, and my family, total piece of mind.

Nick, Brooke ,Whistler said...

You have no fear do you sis; you calling last night to ask Nick when your bike would be ready all so you could go at it all again today. Glad you are safe and sorry I couldn't make the run this morning!