Monday, April 9, 2012

Volcano Tops...

Speaking of volcano tops, the above being my most favorite venture to date, I have a nice little story to tell you about making it to the top of them.
.
Volcano tops can be related to anything worth value to us. A relationship you want to last a lifetime, a race you pour your heart and soul into, a goal you make sacrifices for, lots of life worthy moments-any and all of them are our volcano tops. Now I can't take credit for what I'm about to say, Masuda sent it to me from a Maui volcano top today, it's worth a share if you have any ventures you are determined to reach the top of and want a little extra motivation...
.
"At the base it's clear, easy, great, a wonderful start. As we begin to climb towards the top of volcanoes we run into rain, clouds, it gets cold and sometimes dark. With a few more steps forward (or many more depending), a few patches of sunlight peek through. As we get closer to the top it begins to get clear, beautiful, even warm. From the top we get to look down at where we have come from and begin to see where we began all the patches of light and the clouds we overcame too. From the top of a volcano we find storms are never worth turning back before reaching the top".
Pretty cool, right? From there I ran my way to a beautiful sunset with some beautiful friends...

...and then a butterfly landed on me and stayed on my shorts for a long, long time on the run back. I was pretty sure it meant something about good luck. After googling it I discovered it just means butterflies are attracted to bright colors that have them thinking "nectar", food. That said, I am glad I enjoy the climb to volcano tops because luck is something that might not land on our shorts that easily...
.
Climb on!!
Bree

3 comments:

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Well said..
Hear hear!!

Christi said...

I have a volcano top that I am considering and I don't know how to approach it and I am scared. Thanks for sharing because I am going to use this to get the top of my dreams!

Lucy Francis said...

this volcano thing sounded like a description of my training session last night with real dark clouds, thundering, some rain and then some sunshine in the end mixed with some hard efforts on the bike.
Cameback home happy ;-)

I love the butterfly on your shorts! super cute