Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Race Week...



Race week is here and the sum up of the week can best be seen in these photos...

Kainoa is still saving me with his smile, his big eyes so full of wonder about life, and of course the simplicity he brings when I am focused on more things than can be handled at a time.  In fact, lots of good people are surrounding me with simple, happy moments.  Wendy, Kait, Mike, Robin, Sal, Kawika, Pablo, Fredo, Julia, and Pete to name a few-keep me training through as if a big day is on the horizon but not big enough to stress about.  Coconut girls and Oden have both offered to help me with massage/chiro for FREE!  I am so blessed to have that kind of support. AND when I'm least expecting it,  an email of good luck lands in the inbox from Swift Carbon bikes and a text from coach to remind me I am ready...
                              

This is also how my week is going...

 Some of this too, okay 2 nights in a row of this...


A lot of garden moments too, that of course include hose fights and dinner.  Then there is Brooke.  My sister, the one I run to in times of "freak out", she is the yogi that calms me.  I'm really blessed to have life shared with 4 boys, this week it's me, the 15yr old, the 12 year old, and the 5yr old.  Just us 4, no parents! One with strep throat, the other with massive farts, and one with more snot than imaginable.  She, the smart sister, reminded me, "I am never given more than I can handle".  SO between every swim, bike, run, rest, eat, sleep, repeat, I am filled with moments enjoyed with none other than 3 boys I love more than I ever imagined possible.  AND, if this week, farts, strep, snot does anything for me, it will get me to the start line more prepared to handle 70.3 miles than training alone could ever do for me...



 If you want to know where the other grown up is, he's on Maui till Friday...wish this momma good luck!  4 more sleeps till 70.3 miles of BIG ISLAND FUN!

Night!
Bree

8 comments:

Lucy Francis said...

Honu is the "home race", you'll have all your family and friends cheering you on and you probably know the course better than anyone else. You also know the wolrd's media will be up there to follow Lance so get some lippy on for the Photos :-)

Beth said...

Have an awesome race Bree!!! Will be thinking about you and cheering from the East Coast! :)

Nick, Brooke ,Whistler said...

Like I said to you on the phone, this will probably be your best week ever because you won't have enough time to focus on you, but instead you are focusing your attention on your family. Your mind won't have time to get all mixed up with distractions that end up playing games with you.

and for those farts they are probably better than vog to breathe in! Haha

So if I am not at the start line to cheer you on, remember to just breathe!!!
Whistler and I will be looking for your later on the course!

Kathy said...

great fotos of you on Iwanman live coming in/out of T1. Keep up the good work!

Kathy said...

oh bree, don't let Walsh catch you. Hold onto 3rd!

Kathy said...

Way to go, Bree! 10 min off last year's time is AMAZING, especially with those conditions. Excellent race, chica!

Lucy Francis said...

Well done on your 4th place. I've heard the windy conditions were much harder this year + the field was so deep this time.

Dawn said...

Way to go, Bree! ...was cheering you on in your hometown on Ironman live from IL! Such an exciting race. So inspiring to see you holding on strong and placing top 5! I am always in awe of your swim, as I am just starting out in tri's. Keep inspiring and happy resting, super mom!! :)