Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tuesday...

 ...and at the end of a better day than most of last week, a sunset shared with Kainoa.  Amazing how a sunset can change an attitude just like that.  I'm knee deep in another book, it's Macca's book.  So far I am loving it as it was written  much like a day at the races, things just move so fast and you never know what to expect.  It also, once again, has the ups, downs, and everything in between of another athlete.  I love getting to see the minds of great athletes being unraveled.  I'd like to spend a day with so many of them, just talking, maybe talking on bikes to be more honest...
 ...The day began in the ocean, for me, Kainoa was in school.  Today was particularly fast as the group was more fired up than usual.  No dolphins, no sharks, no cameras for photo snapping moments, it was like a race day.  Robin (one of my most speedy training partners) even had out her swim weapons.  She cut me off around the CG buoy, rammed me into the 6th buoy, and tried to get me uncomfortable.  Her goal wasn't to bust my face into the buoys, though it felt like I saw them REALLY close up, she was doing her best job to make me hurt and slammed around much like last Sunday in Knoxville...to experience a less peaceful swim environment.  She is really good at this and sure as heck made sure I got my "ass kicked practice".  Must confess, I'm thankful for her...
.
Then a bike ride in a hurricane.  It was actually just a windy day.  And finally, a very nice evening with my family.  My parents made dinner at the sisters house and have been looking after us very, very well.  Things that any girl can appreciate:  Cleaning up the house, buying groceries, taking us to dinners, making dinners, filled my truck with gas, help look out for Kainoa and spoil the grandsons, and today my poppy changed my truck tire!  Feels like I am a kid again with super supportive parents! 
 Less than 3wks now till race day, goals are at the forefront of most everyday, pretty thick, pretty clear cut, and of course the meshing of excitement and butterflies are already starting to happen.  Town now has a good chunk of pros in for the race and the anticipation of our second biggest triathlon on the island is getting closer.  For me, a little escape to the beach at sunset always helps sooth the crazy to come with these bigger events that flood the island.  It's going to be fun and I'm looking forward to embracing it.  It's not every race a girl gets to sleep in her own bed the night before you know, so of course I am thankful to not be flying out anytime soon...
...but of course, the adventurer in me always has something in mind.  At the moment, this is a view of where I think my feet want to land before the year is up (my to-tackle list for the year is always close in hand)...
.
Happy Training!
Bree

3 comments:

Christi said...

That is the most beautiful sunset picture I have seen!

Enjoy your time with your parents!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

A lot of people thought he was full of himself in the book... quite frankly I didn't think so. He is a master strategist (is that a word?) and he played Raelert perfectly. He talks about how he goes to body marking and kind of looks around making eye contact with others, smiles and doesn't look to concerned. If you watch the 2010 NBC broadcast he actually does just that on camera... Sly dog... but he was wrong about one thing.... Crowie can ride.. at least now.

Have fun in the next few weeks..After all, you ARE the reigning 70.3 queen of Kona...

Enjoy!!

Lucy Francis said...

I've read Macca's book and loved finding out how he got into the sport and how he doesn't use gadgets in training.
Enjoy the happy times with your family . I wish i could sleep in my own bed right now. Oh and I think it is hotter where I am than in Hawaii :-)