Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Map...


Kainoa drew a map, I've yet to see it but his dad tells me when he gets home tomorrow from his house he has a map to a place he wants to go.  Thrilled that a young boy already has an idea of what he wants to do in life, even if it is just on a Monday in his world.  Very impressed that he even mapped out some future plans, in color.  Inspired as always...

Life is a little adventurous how it always changes on us, even causing the most ambitious to toss out their maps and go with the flow...I like going with the flow...but I have learned it is still a good idea to have a map and plan in hand no matter how many times you have to stop and ask for directions.  Today was perhaps the most intimidating "map reading" ever endured on a Sunday.  Like any girl who follows her heart, sometimes you just have to ask a lot of trusted people which way to go, especially when you get knocked so far down you aren't even sure which way is up...


Having Kainoa at his dads I scored many miles on my bike and in run shoes, it was beautiful, Summer paved training at it's finest.  The best part may have been the company.  Saturday mornings long ride began with the news, reading every detail of the Colorado shooting.  Once again, life tossed gently into perspective.  Life in this town always lands you with someone to train with even when you aren't looking, in my case it was a few very good men who have more years than me and were able to keep me focused on big pictures, further down the road, and of course on the little things.  Then my run shoes and over tall socks found a very cold stream to "ice bath" in and very good company to match...
It is now Sunday, life is good here, and tomorrow a map awaits me and a 6yr old...
Good night!

Bree

1 comment:

Lucy Francis said...

The way i read maps....I end up doing a few detours :-) some very welcome...others? well they teach me a lesson. A bit like life really.

Your island is almost as green as mine :-)