Tuesday, July 31, 2012

...And Away We Go...


Finally everything is in the bag or box, the bike, race stuff, clothes stuff, all of it.  All of it but my bike computer.  If I knew where it was it would be packed too, somehow it ran away from home today and with absolutely no luck turning everything upside down, it is winning the hide-n-seek game.  The Olympics has me inspired to let it go.  It has been a nice training tool, keeping me company, Sunday is race day though and perhaps its for the better being lost...

My head, heart, body, all feel eager to land in the Philippines.  Work=done.  Rest=doing it. I will count the flight as more rest, and I will be able to rest.  Kainoa is ready to enjoy a good week/weekend with his dad, that comforts me, so now I'm set free from the worry that usually hounds me when I leave home.

My surprise of the day, and a very big one it was, was a ride to pick up an envelope.  Clearly showing up on my bike was a comedy for the men of Aloha Air Cargo, it was not an envelope.  Last week I broke my favorite travel luggage, the dehydrator, and I ended my journal.   Complain, of course not. I honestly had bigger fish to fry.  The luggage (I thought) would still have a flight or two left in it as long as I prayed super hard the zipper would open when I wanted it to and stay shut during travel, so that was packed last week.  As for the dehydrator, I pretty much killed that thing, over use will do that to any kitchen supply over 10 years old!  And my journal, well...I'm not telling.

SO I land to THIS! From Maui to me.  My same luggage only blue, the favorite dehydrated snacks that I would have made for my trip had I not used the kitchen too much, and a journal of the boys to go with me.  The shirt, that's Masudas, I take it to all the races, yes I am one of those that like to sleep in his shirt. It was a very, very welcome surprise from Masuda on Maui to me in Kona...

I'm feeling pretty blessed tonight, for a lot of reasons, and each of those reasons will come along with me to the Philippines, fuel baby!


Philippines bound, journeying on...
Bree

4 comments:

Bre said...

you truly inspire me- not just with racing but with your outlook on life. I appreciate how real and honest you are about everything.
Enjoy the trip and racing in the Phillipines! :) I'll be cheering for you!

Nick, Brooke ,Whistler said...

Safe travels sister and remember to just breathe every moment...have fun racing! We love you

Lucy Francis said...

Masuda is so thougtful. Everything is taken care of and is under control. You just get on that flight, enjoy the trip and focus on that race :-)
Bon voyage (in hawaiian??.....)

JC said...

Go get it CHICA - go FAST all the way to the finish, you've got this:)