Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Recovery Day...

Today my heart felt like running but my legs did not.  Somehow the happy balance between heart and legs was a hike through the Kohala's.  It's more of a little hill, considering the real volcano climbing we endure around here.  It might even fit better as a "stroll through pretty".  In any case, it was a good morning under a beautiful sky.  And I felt like being in the country. After Kentucky I am craving country!  My fix of all things George Strait was not fixed, so I'm living it up a little here on the island until it passes...

My country fix flowed by cornbread baking today, slow cooking some bbq ribs, picking out corn on the cob, looking through photos of my older sister and I mud wrestling at the Red Neck Yacht Club, and then organizing a "secret date" with Masuda on some horses after work tomorrow. I think my surprise went South (literally) though.  Bucked off...

It's okay, nothing wild flowers and a giant field couldn't fix...





That's all I have to report on, here is a little story put up on ST if you need something longer to read over your morning coffee... I know, ST is scary, I never visit that site either, Tim sent me the link...IM Kentucky Champ.  Enjoy!

Thanks for reading!
Bree

 

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Bree, don't be scared of ST. There are vocal assholes who are tolerated but there are really good people there too. LOVED the article! They must get sick of me over there being your fan girl but I don't really give a rat's ass. :) Again, GREAT race!

JC said...

THAT is such a great interview. So happy for you Bree!

Lucy Francis said...

OMG! did you intimidate the horese and he just runaway? :-)ahah
take time to recharge your batteries and enjoy that beautiful countryside.

Ps: they also mentioned you on the imtalk podcast this week :-)

Adrian said...

belated congrats!!! thrilled that you won IML! yes keep racing, your smiling face inspires many!