Wednesday, August 22, 2012

...And here we go.

The thing about this part of my life, the travel, is that no matter where I go "There is no place like home".  12 countries, lots of pretty islands in both the Pacific and Atlantic, and plenty of mainland states have all had my eyes happy with views, my heart thankful with experiences, and my feet on paths that will always be with me.  But home is always my favorite spot on Earth...

The thing about travel is that you learn so much, that has left me with a strong sense of knowing what I want and what I like.  It fills me with a certain inner joy, no matter when I am I can close my eyes and get lost somewhere I have been. It has taught me to never leave home without my shoes, a camera, and my journals.  Perhaps it even keeps my mind open, as every place near and far new people show me new life...

So here we go, Kainoa and I.  I've already told him to relax when lines are long, to say "please and thank you" when those words fit, to share a lot and expect the unexpected...

This morning an ocean swim, this evening an airplane ride across the Pacific, over the entire mainland, and finally landing in the blue grass state.  Aloha ahiahi,

Bree and Kainoa

5 comments:

Lucy Francis said...

I feel the same about HOME, I don't know if it's because of me getting older older or because it has taken us years to decorate our little bijoux flat and garden. No luxury hotel or exotic place will ever feel as nice. Sometimes i just wish I could pick my appartment and magically transport it to the holiday/race location.
Hope you arrive safe at Kentuky

Nick, Brooke ,Whistler said...

Have a great weekend in Kentucky! We will be cheering for you. Love ya

Tina Marie Parker said...

Have an amazing race! Give Kianoa big hugs XX.

Nibbles said...

Congratulations!!!! I just saw you take the tape on the live feed. I'll be tacking this quote on the wall next to my marathon training schedule: "Awaiting us are chances that take courage, moments of weakness that can be overcome by a single change of attitude, and of course an entire day mostly dealing with yourself. You are your own cheerleader, your very own encourager, and you have the power to shut down, break down, and everything else if you let yourself...so many ways to take a day all by our attitudes." You are such an inspiration!

Shawna Barlette said...

Bree! What an incredible race! Congratulations on your win. So happy your family was there to watch you. Great job!