Thursday, December 6, 2012

3 More sleeps...

Tonight is that night, the one where the day was so awesome you thought all about Sunday and how it will be such a fun day!  Ironman day, race day, a favorite day.  Check in, weigh in, interviews, bike ride, swim, all sorts of good stuff all day long....then....it hits.  I got so tired (Good, maybe I'll sleep on this time zone tonight).  And now my foot hurts too.  Kainoa jumped on it off the couch last week and landed on the top of it, nothing major but today it bothered me.  Those kind of feelings come in.  Did I do enough?  Too much?  Blah blah blabbity blah... I don't go through those any more.  Trust the work, trust the rest, just trust. Oh, but those thoughts tried to happen...

My new addiction is Face Time.  I LOVE it so much.  I don't even like talking on the phone, but looking at a face and making faces to the person looking back at you is so much fun!  Kainoa faced me today and I showed him the town, he told me to kiss a kangaroo for him too.  I would if I could!!

I also got pulled over by a cop today.  When I put on the blinkers the wind shield wipers went on.  He gave me a breathalyzer test, passed with coconut water breath, then let me go.  Seriously, I don't drive that bad!  The left side of the road thing is getting way easier for me, in fact, it makes driving fun again!

Expo is set up, town is pretty busy, and there is huge evidence that an Ironman will be here this weekend.  It's pretty cool to be part of something that is shared happiness with so many people from all over the world.  Must have met a few handfuls of strangers today and somehow in a line for number check or getting weighed, it felt like new friends all because of 140.6 miles.  I like this sport...

Night from Busso...
Bree

3 comments:

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Wow!!
I didn't realize you were going that far!

Well, it is hot and relatively flat, you get to swim in the ocean (+)... I smell good things..

Just pretend you are in Louisville (except the Ohio River part)

Tri Mum said...

Good luck Sunday.

Tina Marie Parker said...

Your amazing! Good Luck on Sunday :)