Thursday, December 27, 2012

Falling Snow...

 I'm pretty sure one of the most beautiful sites a mom can see is that of her child having what looks to be, "The time of his life".  I've never seen Kainoa in snow and have been looking forward to this Utah trip (we are in Utah visiting Mikes family and boys for Christmas).  For the 100th time today he asked me if I want to move to Utah, because he does.  He wants to live next to a sledding hill, he has volunteeringly shoveled snow, played outside in only surf trunks, and has not once mentioned how cold it is.  He is just so happy, everyone is just so happy...

I've fallen in love with the snow too.  Of course the thought of trading my bikini's for beanies is not in the plans, but appreciating the white wonderful and being surrounded by good people is something beautiful that takes no effort to soak up and enjoy...



 The Masuda family kiddos on top of the hill...
 Fearless Kainoa down big hills...
This place could be the perfect distraction for a girl on a swimbikerun break, all the powder filled fun kind of makes you forget about triathlon, and I am a firm believer in taking a time-out to recharge the batteries.  The vegging out really does something important, maybe it pulls you closer to family, or gives you more time to enjoy coffee shops, good books, and having a break.  Actually, I am forced to have this break weather I want it or not.  It's really hard not being able to sled, snow board, or even ice skate.  I can however make snow angels, throw snow balls, and sip a lot of hot cider. 

Today the lingering for a swim set in and I craved the ocean (the only sport I can tackle right now), but the ocean is far from Utah so I settled for 200 sit ups and a bit of stretching.  My road from recovery might be long so my sister gave me a pep talk to enjoy every single moment of this white wonderland.  It gives me time to paint my nails too...
Happy Holidays...
Bree

1 comment:

Lucy Francis said...

I only saw snow for the first time in my life when i was 21 and I never forgot how magical that was.
I'm glad Kainoa is enjoying it too.
Bree, take one day at a time my sweet, you will recover. Make a mark on the calendar if you must, one day = one step closer to full recovery. You'll get there.
Happy New Year