Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year...

 ...And here we are, 2013. 

Without hesitation, my greatest, most grand lesson of all 2012 is...drum roll please..."To live in the moment".  The exact moment you are in, that very breath you are taking, the people you are with in that instant, the very thing you are doing, is what matters, what counts, who counts, and is what life is all about.  When you are a goal chaser and a major fan of living life to the fullest being in the moment sometimes happens pretty easily, but of course, life happens and we are human, so moments slip away without notice, too.  Those moments taught me a great deal and opened my eyes wider to the appreciation of being where I am, who I'm with, and doing what I am doing with care.

2012 saw my uncle land and battle cancer, right out of the blue good health taken away.  It saw me crying of homesick a few too many travel races only to realize I was not in the moment and fully appreciating a life experience.  It saw a dear part of our family just get up and walk out of life.  It saw the unexpected (both good and bad) happen all around me.  It had my head in the clouds day dreaming a little more than I should have been (oop's, moments passing me by), and it had me living some moments  far more wonderful than any dream ever of mine all because I was in the moment and wanting to be no place else or with nobody other than whom I was with...

There were a few times I drove while sending a text only to piss myself off and realize people have died that way.  (Be in the moment).  It had moments I would be on the phone when in the room was Kainoa wanting to paint or draw with me. (Be with the one I'm with in that moment), that lesson I got super good at and actually just ignored my phone calls (really annoying to callers on the other end). 
 Being in Utah has really helped my 2012 "Lesson of being in the moment" be more visible, as I am so far from any routine.  I just don't have a plan to go with, does anyone on family vacation?  So I am very much in the moment.  In fact, being hung up with the broken foot even limits me from thinking too much into the future, because the exact date I begin to run is unknown. 
As for 2013, my resolution is super easy, "To harmonize" being in the moment.  It just would not work for me to be too lackadaisical and make absolutely no plan, goal, or future dream.  I already know I'd fail miserably with a resolution to be so in the moment that I just wake up and see what the day does.  I have to have some map for my life.  But...I just spent a lot of 2012 learning that if I look too much at only my goals, dreams, and plans then I miss out on being in the moment.  That past thing is not much of an issue for me, other than to peek at for growth and lessons learned.  2013 I will try to harmonize my future and "now" moments into some blend of absolutely maximizing life with those I am with, doing what I am doing, all while doing what I believe will land a fulfilled life...
 Don't worry, it will still include a bucket list!  At the moment Kainoa has learned to snowboard before me!!  All but 2 of my 2012 bucket list goals happened, 2013 list I'm still working on.  2013 Triathlon race plans is finished (and I love it).  After next weeks x-ray I'll know better if I can actually swing the triathlon plans from race goal #1 or have to hold patience a bit longer...

Alright, MOST Happy New Year from Utah.  Hope everyone's 2013 is better than expected, more healthy than hoped, less stressed, and of course a little more filled with love than any previous year...

Here we go!
Bree

9 comments:

Thorsten said...

Hi Bree,
not sure if your contact form is working .. I tried to send you some info re. Kona qualifying. Please pop me an email if it hasn't arrived.
Happy new year
Thorsten

Lucy Francis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucy Francis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucy Francis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucy Francis said...

Happy New Year Bree and lots of love :-)
This chap Thorsten puts together some amazing statistics on PRO rankings and i believe he's being interviewed by the IMtalk (NZ podcast)

Saeed Zia said...

Latest Hot Entertainment News, Latest updata about Bollywood, hollywood, pakistani Girls
hotentertainnews.blogspot.com

Jawed Ali said...

Funny Epic Girls, Troll Images of Girls, Girls Funny and Loll, Funny Hot Pictures of Girls
hotentertainnews.blogspot.com

Website Design Portland said...

Wow! Great pictures..:) Web Design Portland

Jawed Ali said...

World's Most Latest Vehicles and Latest Cars pictures, Most speed and Expensive Cars with hot pictures
worldlatestvehicles.blogspot.com