Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Fist Pumps & Cart Wheels...


..And so, I will celebrate.  

My coach of the past couple seasons (Jimmy Riccitello) and I are back in action as "coach and athlete".   Now that my broken foot is coming back to life it is about time to have someone push and shove me around again.  It has been fun doing my own thing, not really, well sort of.  I've learned a lot which helps me help others in return (and giving back is always fun).  At the end of the day though, I'd much rather be reading bedtime stories to Kainoa than planning how to kick my own @$$ the next day...and so...Jimmy will be much appreciated telling me what to do, and I just go do it.

The other good news in my sport life today is much more businessy.  One Twelve Media has reached out to help organize me.  Spending all day in lava fields on my bike, ocean swims, swim pools, or running around the island, comes naturally.  To sit down and ask for help, does not. I'm very grateful to have someone working on my behalf to help me along this triathlon journey...


As for training... it was a good day.
2.4 mile swim (today was much less dramatic than last weeks 2.4).  In fact, there was such a beautiful calm lingering in the ocean, as if it was the safest place to be in the entire world at that moment.  I even took a minute to swim to the place I found Nga floating last Wednesday.  Everything felt so right, almost like a peacefulness that maybe I'm not meant to understand, but rather just go with it.

After that I ran on the good ol' Queen K for the first time in almost 13 weeks!  It felt unbelievable to be out there in the heat, shadeless cluttering of traffic, and a place that has me feeling right at home.  A whopping 6.5 miles, my longest straight run since Ironman Busso.  I was so happy.  I was hurting so bad.  My legs are unbelievably tired from that 6.5 miles.  However, my heart is beaming and most times in my life a happy heart can carry me way beyond the distance my legs ever could.  Next weekend is the Hapalua and our start times have been posted.  It is quiet an honor that they believe I should still start in the 3rd heat of women.  I'll go with it.  After today, I'm officially running half the distance of the race!  Speed?  I have no idea yet.  But I know I can make it 13.1 miles...


Just in case you missed tonight's sunset over the Pacific, I grabbed it for you, I think it's one worth sharing...

Bree

2 comments:

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Beautiful!
Hill country (Lake Travis) TX has similar spectacular nights.
I think the break (no pun) is going to serve you well this year.. train smart, good things will come

Lucy Francis said...

Such good news on the sponsorship, coach and your run.
Thanks for the sunset :-)