Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pretty Long Ride...

About three weeks out from my Ironman races there is one ride that grabs hold of my heart, the Pololu'u ride.  Once you get out of Hawi it is simply charming.  So many little fruit stands, cows, goats, horses, and big monster trucks.  The flowers look brighter, the grass is greener, the winds really whip you around, the roads are more twisty, and the hills gently rolling...its beautiful.

This has always been a solo ride for me, one of those rides you just spend with your own thoughts & goals.  It almost feels like a calm race day.  I did however have the company of John Cruz and Katy Perry on the IPOD to keep me from too much day dreaming.  But I did day dream about a start line...
I also filled my head with a great idea, "Have Mike build me a fruit stand".  I'm pretty sure we could use a fruit stand, it's like a grown up club house, except not really.  It seems as if every other yard up North island has their own little fruit stand or honor stand to "pick and pay".  I just love them.


Finally to Pololu'u...
The winds were incredible, the rains began to fall, that one training day I felt I needed before the start line was finally set in motion and conquered. It all had me like a kid in love, and I am.  After eating for a few hours and laying around in ZOOT recovery pants I landed in the garden, pulling weeds, picking beets and spinach, and just soaking up a good day right into the evening...
The best part of the evening, "The Man in the Moon"!  My all time favorite movie to watch with my sisters growing up was finally available!  This movie gets all the credit for teaching me how to French Kiss!  I give it 2 thumbs up at the end of a long day...

Good night!
Bree

2 comments:

JC said...

so AWESOME!

Lucy Francis said...

A fruit stand? that is soooo cute. Here they just set a table with a basket with the goods which can be eggs, apples or raspberries and a tin for the money.