Tuesday, March 19, 2013

On the plane...

Finally on the way to Australia, this is the very least heart broken I've ever been before a trip.  I'm not sure why, maybe because everything remains so calm in the midst of my crazy.

When I dropped kainoa off at his dads this morning, he grabbed my hand really tight and said, "mom, you know where I'll be, right here cheering for you all the time." It was a pretty special moment. He's so grown up now, maybe I have more growing up to do.

I've been on my knees a lot before this trip, just wondering and praying to understand how this will all work out.  I guess it doesn't make any sense to use wonder and pray in the same sentence, maybe more confidence and trust should be happening.

So here I am on the plane and it all worked out. Every little detail from howHd I'll get there to where I'll stay. The other stuff too, like bike fees and luggage, taxi rides, Kainoas spring break, you know...life, love, and sport. It all worked. And the foot too, I'm not going to worry about that...


My big lesson in this, perhaps, is that if you always go about life with all your heart, trying your best,
 with pure intentions, then life has a unique way of working out.  So here we go, another flight in my life. Another big opportunity. Another day to be thankful...

Ps, this is from my phone so excuse the typos!
Love Bree

6 comments:

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

This, like Louisville is your kind of course...
Rolling, probably hot...
Hey, Kona comes to mind too...
You will be right at home.
Top 8 is the goal? In the bag..

Alex said...

Goodluck Bree!

Lucy Francis said...

Bree have a great trip and race in OZ. This time there is no broken foot to worry about :-)

There will be a time when it is Kainoa who worries about seeing his mum going away, instead of the other way round :-)

Musings said...

Good Luck Bree...rooting for you in Canada!!!

Beth said...

Have a fantastic race Bree!!! Oscar and I are cheering for you - knowing you've overcome so much just to get to the starting line tells me you are going to have a TON of fight come race day!

Kathy said...

good job Bree. Keep it going.