Tuesday, March 12, 2013

On The Way...


One of the most encouraging things I've learned is to "Enjoy where you are on the way to where you're going".  It makes me not want to close my eyes, to just be in the moment and live it all up.  But it's not always easy for me.  Last night I finally booked my flight to Australia for the Ironman next Sunday.  While that is very exciting and I am so thankful to have finally saved enough pennies to afford the trip, some anxious energy took over in me.  I began counting the days I'd be away from home.   I suppose when home is the most wonderful place you know of, it doesn't matter how lovely a place is that you are going, it is a little hard to leave. It is now time to remind myself to "enjoy where I am on the way to where I am going".  And when I get there, "Enjoy where I am...", and I know I will...

Today was my last long ride, 112 miles.  My legs, my bike, and I are ready to race 112 miles.  In fact, I am so excited to return to Australia, where I left off last season.  Yesterday I swam the 2.4 here in Kona, I'm ready to swim that far too.  AS for the run, 13.1 miles will be my longest run and that will have to be enough, the final 13.1 will be all by heart.  And so, the first triathlon of the season is very close on the horizon...

Bree



1 comment:

Lucy Francis said...

Bree you're not the only one feeling this way when trav elling abroad. We have no kids, just 2 cats and our wonderful neighbour comes in to feed them, but no matter where we are in the world I still miss home.
No luxurious hotel, not exotic location will ever replace our cosy home. Funny isn't it?
I just wish I could pick my house up and transport it with me to wherever I would go. :-)