Friday, August 16, 2013

Aloha Friday in Canada.


This is it, just 2 sleeps away.  If I didn't just discover maple sauce, not to be mistaken with maple syrup, I would be on the edge of my seat.  The sweet stuff calmed me down, all by major distraction from the flood of butterflies that just filled my belly, (nothing new, always happen in tidal wave force prerace).   I'm a little bit scared you guys, not because I doubt my fitness, It'll be my 3rd Ironman of the year, I already know the humbling approach to the distance.  I'm a little scared because I care so much.  This matters to me, I want it...

I want to be that girl, the one in the 2010 Ironman Hawaii picture, be one of the girls starting  Ironman Hawaii this October, right there in Kailua Bay.  It's my favorite place, the best place I know in all of the world, and there is something special about that start line and all the miles to the finish line.
 

This is it guys, the start line.  It's spectacular.  The water is perfect.  Not too warm for a long distance swim and not too cold that you have to complain about water temperatures.  I loved it, all of it this morning.  The big green trees, the clearness of the lake, the relaxed vibe, and all the flags showing this is a championship race, loaded with talent and people from all over the world, like my roomies from Milan who I haven't seen since Cozumel 70.3 last season...

The best part of the race for me is going to be the run, it is really incredible.  It reminds me so much of a movie.  Having never been anywhere like this in my life, its hard to even compare it to anywhere.  Plenty of rolling hills, the cutest little towns, really bright colors that must look magical against the snow during winter, and of course nothing I can read.  Take that back, I can read pictures.


Today on my run I let the feeling of a dream come true sweep over me.  Just wanting to hold a dream is never enough, you have to believe it too.  Believing in the beauty of a dream is what makes life so good...

Alright, time to tuck in, good night from Canada :)
Bree

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Bree, you belong right up there in the front of this race! Breathe, focus on the breath. Focus all of your energy. Will be following along online on Sunday. Best of luck!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Think "just like Louisville" only prettier..