Thursday, August 29, 2013

First Love...



Whole heartedly, without a shadow of a doubt, I believe that when you look up you can see the good stuff (or blessings if you prefer) shining down on us, more so than when we look anywhere else.  This sort of has to do with sport, something to do with life, and a little to do with love....

I have a tiny story for you, before Ironman Mont Tremblant the email for Vegas came, "take it or roll it down so another girl can have it".  I wrote an email declining it, determined to land in Kona WC, no need for Vegas.  Vegas to me, was like the "boy that chose you, yet I was choosing another boy, Ironman".  You girls get it, maybe happened to you in High School.  Ironman did not choose me, broken hearted to say the least.  Came home and there was an email, "Bree, do you want the Vegas slot or not".  Somehow, some mysterious way, the email never sent and Vegas was still reaching for me.  What a sporty little love story. I took it this time around...

Do you know what this tiny, little sport lesson has been teaching me?  That if you stop for a moment, and just pause at what is filling your life, you all of a sudden appreciate so dearly what you have and spend less time wishing for what you don't, or what is possibly yet to come with patience.  Kind of silly, but I am so appreciative that first Vegas rejection email never sent.  Somehow Hawaii was having bad reception or something that day and it got lost in the ocean, landing me very thankful on this day.


Anyways, today I got my bib number, #98.  I'm pretty much the last girl.  But I am one of them on the start line.  As everyone knows, when you are near the bottom, the only way to go is up.  To race without pressure, to race with no expectations, and to race because I got lucky with that slot, you better believe I am loving this story...

Have a good day,
Bree

4 comments:

Lucy Francis said...

That's is such a great story with the email that was never sent, a bit like destiny. Who knows Bree! if that will still bring you to Kona via Las Vegas.

JC said...

Woohoo it's race week Chica. Tear it up in VEGAS.

Random Road Revelations said...

You are such an inspiration to me. I love following your blog! -Lori from Minneapolis

run4daysbill said...

Meant to be? I think so. :)

Go kick that thing hard!