Sunday, October 27, 2013

Will Run For Cookies...



A huge "WOW, great fun, thank you", goes out to the Kealakehe Waveriders Tri Club.  This small group of high schoolers-growing into triathletes, put on the Race the Reaper 5k last night and it did not disappoint!  Not that I ever need any excuse to run or race or play sports in the local community, it helped that the race was a dress up for Halloween event.  I was beyond original, a hula girl, yep, shocker of a costume from Hawaii...

Truth is, I got the costume from the pet section of Target.  If you are ever in search of a last minute outfit, look in the dog costumes, they are so cute and super affordable.  And now I know I'm size "large dog"  for future dress up events...

The morning was really long for me, 6.5 hours training on the road to Mexico, so dressing up for an evening 5k was pretty much the most fun way to physically get out of me anything left in me.  I actually intended to just jog it, right.  I raced the reaper and broke 18 minutes in a mini grass skirt, it was awesome! 

Today is 5wks till Mexico, I'm sitting home and it feels so good to just sit for a little bit.  I'm even tempted to take a small nap.  A little bike ride and a little church this morning has worn me out.  As for those cookies, they have been saving me all week.  I make them, freeze em, then grab and go with them.  AS usual, no actual recipe but I think I managed to wing it enough to write it out...

Raw oats, blueberries,  almond butter, coconut oil, coconut shreds, maple syrup, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds.  The trick is to combine your desired amount of each of those in the food processor and blend till they are exactly like raw cookie dough.  SO add more of the coconut oil and almond (or peanut butter) till you get that consistency.  Then... bake at 350 for 15 minutes OR put them on your dehydrator for a few hours if you wanted to keep them raw.  Freeze and eat...

They even look and taste like real cookies!  Warning though, I am the only one in our home that likes them and eats them.  The boys do not in case you're wondering.  They remind me of the bonk breakers bars, which the boys do not like those either and I do.  Try it...

Have a good Sunday,
Bree

3 comments:

Kiet said...

The second pic of you in the hula outfit = hawt. Just sayin'.

Lucy Francis said...

And why not have fun on a run? I'm still amazed that you're wearing a dog costume!! It looks brilliant :-)
I make some energy balls with almond butter and it doesn't matter that they are gluten free and paleo, my husband doesn't touch them ....oh well more for me :-)

Dianna Grundhauser said...

Since you always seem to be running with the "Big Dogs" the Large Dog costume seems appropriate! ;)