Thursday, October 17, 2013

With Purpose...

 

Training has been very, very good lately.  Not good because I'm nailing the sessions.  Not at all.  In fact, yesterday was the first time in a long time that I wiped out on a session.  It was a semi-long run that included 3x20 minutes at goal pace.  Well, the third round might as well been torture that I will humbly admit to "not nailing it".  But I liked it.  It's been a while since training runs challenge me to the point that I don't nail them.  It's not failing to me, it's a lesson and a way to actually see where improvements and fine tuning need to be made.  Damn it hurt though...

Mexico has been on the forefront of my mind with each mile lately.  Some miles start out with my focus on home life or love life or food.  As soon as I check in with the reason I'm out doing what I do it all comes together though.  In my "getting older" age finding focus in the moment is getting way easier to do.  There is this run loop near my home too, it gets rather repetitive,  I named it my "Mexico Loop" because Ironman Mexico is 3 loops, I go run it 2, 3, or 4 times in a row to teach my brain to get used to doing the same loop over and over.  It feels good to have gone from wanting a break so dearly to wanting to train so passionately.  As for racing, I'm not quite there yet, on the way, but that run yesterday taught me that I am not ready for a start line.  Yeah, I could finish an Ironman, but I really want to "race" one this year, not just tough it out for some points.  In fact, my new goal for the 2014 season is to "chase good race results" not points, the outcome will then take care of itself.

 Oh Mexico, see you soon...


My green tea taste buds are still in full effect, in fact I have tossed out the use of anything but green tea lately as the liquid for my smoothies.  Maybe it's because I'll be turning 34 at the end of this year and my wrinkles, thanks to plenty of sun over the years, are landing more permanent.  Anyways, the Asians drink tea by the gallon and they all look about 20 years younger than they actually are.  I'm secretly hoping it really is the tea and not just genetics, hehe...


Other than that, Halloween planning has been happening around our home.  It has gone from scary to down right creative with the boys.  I on the other hand just want to wear Masudas fireman boots all day, every day.  I am so loving them.  Actually the entire turnout gear sort of has me giddy.  I'm just so proud of him.  That said, I'm not allowed to wear the boots, at all.  I think I'm going to be an old favorite cartoon character.  You'll see...


Finally, I'm going to leave you with a quote I like, it has been good timing lately for me to focus on it since I am known for my ridiculous amounts of day dreaming into the future and chasing so hard after goals and dreams that I miss moments in the here and now.  Here it is...

"Normal day let me be aware of the treasure that you are.  Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in the quest for some rare and perfect tomorrow"...

Night!
Bree

2 comments:

Lucy Francis said...

I think we all have those routes we do time and time again in our training.
Mine is 2.6 miles long :-) and I go past giraffes, lions, tigers and all sorts of wild animals (London Zoo) in that short distance!
Green tea! I'm always looking for beauty secrets Bree :-) Mine is to pierce Vitamin E (cheap)capsules and smear the goey liquid on my face + living in a country with very little sun (unfortunately).
So true about normal days, I'm having a hard time at the moment and this quote will inspire me I'm sure.

Ange said...

I love this quote.
see you in Cozumel.... I have a 3x run loop too. :)