Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Racing Happy.


So.... Sunday, I raced Lavaman Triathlon.  I will not lie, it was a long 2 hours and 4 minutes of my life.  But I really, passionately enjoyed all of it and that was the goal.  The only goal.  You see, my main goal is to qualify for Ironman Hawaii in October, in my backyard to be exact, most of you already knew that.  It's very easy to have your sights set on something, much like a race horse with blinders on, allowing your focus to be forward only.   However, when you're a mom, a girlfriend, a sister, a teacher, a daughter, a friend, amongst other things, you don't exactly live with your eyeballs on just one single thing.  That said, it takes help.  My eyeballs are on so many things, because I'm a highly motivated and extremely passionate person...

Loosing my point, forgive me.
Back to my point.  I wanted to race, I mean really race Lavaman.  I'm like a 5x champ on this gorgeous race.  My apologies if that sounds cocky, I just felt like if we "went for it" we could get it.  And that's where my help came in.  No Ironman points.  No payday.  No stop-drop-and roll everything for Lavaman. Lavaman would be just another day on a bike, in a swimsuit, with run shoes....and.... Ironman Texas training continued.

A quick wrap up...
Each of the 3 sports felt strong, yet flat, good, just not faster.  I thought I'd secretly feel like a machine, but the 4th gear was missing.  It wasn't my PR on the course nor my worst. It landed me 2nd, chasing Magali Tisseyre all over lava rocks and through sand.  And all in all, maybe that is expected after an Ironman, a little recovery, then more Ironman focused stuff.  I'm just thankful that I still feel madly in love with racing even if it means the day is more about "another race" than the actual race I'm racing at the moment...

And the best part...
I got to race in a bikini surrounded by friends and family. 

Thanks so much to all the support from Bike Works Kona, Ceepo Bikes, Zoot, Splish, Bioastin Hawaii, Coach Cotter, Rolf Prima, Crossfit Kona, Odin Chiropractic, and Junko.  A girl with big dreams is lucky to have you guys along for the journey.  And....Masuda & Spammers for being out there all day, Kainoa for reminding me to keep my childlike passion ALWAYS, and my family & friends.  Next race, Ironman Texas.  Just shy of 7 weeks to go.  Feeling good, feeling happy, feeling like a nap...

xo
Bree

4 comments:

Tina Marie Parker said...

Way to work the day as a training session to the big dance. Bree you always are an island favorite, and your passion shows in all you do.

Tina Marie Parker said...

Maybe I can fly to Texas to watch you race.. Hmm.. I will have to ask?

Lucy Francis said...

These races in our home turf are the best and they help us connect with the reason why we got into triathlon in the first place.
So much better when you're surrounded by friends anf family.
OMG! your IM is just around the corner...My IM os just around the corner too! We're racing on the same day in different parts of the world

Eva Siegel said...

I used to be not a good runner because of the lack of endurance. 15km was already too much for me. but I’ve learned a lot of useful advices how to enhance my endurance and strength at http://bit.ly/Qh9G8S. I was surprised that right nutrition can bring me up so substantially. Now I easily increase my distances and feel myself much better!