Sunday, October 19, 2014

Raw Pumpkin Pie.



I have finally landed a lot of time on my hands, while I'm not going stir crazy, I am still the girl that likes to indulge in my moments.  Perhaps I should nap, sleep, do much of nothing.  But it's too hard.  I have yet to run or bike since Ironman, that's good-I think.  I did hike, twice.  Walk my dog. And have fallen in love with baking, er, not baking, all over again...

My first pumpkin pie of the season is all done. It was marvelous darling, according to my sisters.  It's easy, according to my son.  You should try it, if you want a raw food pumpkin pie, says me...

You need:
Dates, pecans, cinnamon, maple syrup, coconut oil (optional), 1can unsweetened pumpkin, 1 banana, oats. 

You do: 
In the food processor, mix pecans, cinnamon, & dates. I measured by look, about equal parts of each and plenty of cinnamon for flavor. Make enough to cover your pie dish according to your desired thickness.  I put coconut oil in mine to soften the nuts.  Next, combine banana, more cinnamon-to taste, the pumpkin, and oats.  Add oats slowly, too much and your pie will taste dry.  Too little you'll have a very soft pie that won't hold when you cut it.  For sweetness, add maple syrup.  As much or little as you like.  Keep in fridge or freezer.  


The pie is roughly a 1/4 of the calories of a regular pumpkin pie.  It is of course the holidays, so top with whipped cream, Kainoa used yogurt.  Cheers!!

Bree 

No comments: